cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLEEP.... GE Amazon Store Card IINQ!!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: BLEEP.... GE Amazon Store Card IINQ!!

@clocktick wrote:

Who is GE Capital Retail Bank (GECRB)?  I just read that's who this card is backed by.  Is this "old" GEMB or completely separate?  Any former names?

Sorry about the 3 HPs, geez.  That's a Cap One practice!

This is GEMB. They changed their name 10/1 of this year.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 18
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@john398 wrote:

did you call to recon?

I have once so far but going to wait for the letter before I do it again... but I find GE impossible to get to underwriting or finding someone who can over ride a computer decision.

If anyone has a good number that they had success with I'm open arms!

1-866-634-8379

Called a couple weeks ago, asked for underwriting (existing card, but should be the same people).  Guy had my credit report in front of him and asked me a few questions and gave me my CLI.

Good luck!

Message 12 of 18
wamcon
Valued Member

They pulled all three then I apped in Sept.

Starting Score: 552 Nov 2010
Current Score: 681 Mar 20113
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Wow! 3 HP! I'd definitely try for a recon if at all possible. And if they won't approve you, maybe you can get to someone who will remove 1 or 2 of the hits. You can tell them that you authorized *one* inquiry and would not have applied if you had known that they would do all 3.

From everything I've read here (and my own limited experience), they usually pull TU; though I think recently someone did post here that they hit EQ instead. I wonder if they kept hitting your CR to try and get you approved. In any case, I would try a recon and/or getting 1 or 2 removed. You didn't authorize 3 hits, after all. And it can't hurt to try.

The OP did authorize them to pull all three when they apped.   They might remove one or two as a good will gesture but I wouldn't count on it.

OP:  Sorry to hear, that really sucks.  I would recon recon and recon some more. What does your scores and reports look like?  Ever had a GEMB account before?

Message 14 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 15 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm not aware that a bank has to tell you theyre going to pull all 3. If you were new to the credit world. You wouldnt know Cap1 pulls 3 on anything.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm wondering now if thats why they declined me because they couldnt access EX/EQ?? hmm

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I called that number and it says corporate? Did you get transferred from there to right department?

I will have to wait until Monday anyway for them to be open most likely... but I am done with this especially now seeing all 3 pulled!!!

To other poster, they do not have to tell you what report they are pulling and how many of them and usually even when you ask the reps have no idea... I actually get told 95% of the time if I did call and ask that we pull all 3 and actually very few banks pull multiple reports on a regular basis.

1. Amex until recently was always EX but in the last year or so we have seen a little TU action if you were on the border of approval

2. Cap1, we always knew was all 3

3. Navy is either EQ or TU, thought I figured out which loan apps pulled which but that was thrown out window when they pulled EQ for both CC and Auto.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.