Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: BLEEP.... GE Amazon Store Card IINQ!!

clocktick wrote:

Who is GE Capital Retail Bank (GECRB)?  I just read that's who this card is backed by.  Is this "old" GEMB or completely separate?  Any former names?

Sorry about the 3 HPs, geez.  That's a Cap One practice!

This is GEMB. They changed their name 10/1 of this year.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
jausanka

Creditaddict wrote:

john398 wrote:

did you call to recon?

I have once so far but going to wait for the letter before I do it again... but I find GE impossible to get to underwriting or finding someone who can over ride a computer decision.

If anyone has a good number that they had success with I'm open arms!

1-866-634-8379

Called a couple weeks ago, asked for underwriting (existing card, but should be the same people).  Guy had my credit report in front of him and asked me a few questions and gave me my CLI.

Good luck!

Valued Member
wamcon

They pulled all three then I apped in Sept.

Starting Score: 552 Nov 2010
Current Score: 681 Mar 20113
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
boomhower

bichonmom wrote:

Wow! 3 HP! I'd definitely try for a recon if at all possible. And if they won't approve you, maybe you can get to someone who will remove 1 or 2 of the hits. You can tell them that you authorized *one* inquiry and would not have applied if you had known that they would do all 3.

From everything I've read here (and my own limited experience), they usually pull TU; though I think recently someone did post here that they hit EQ instead. I wonder if they kept hitting your CR to try and get you approved. In any case, I would try a recon and/or getting 1 or 2 removed. You didn't authorize 3 hits, after all. And it can't hurt to try.

The OP did authorize them to pull all three when they apped.   They might remove one or two as a good will gesture but I wouldn't count on it.

OP:  Sorry to hear, that really sucks.  I would recon recon and recon some more. What does your scores and reports look like?  Ever had a GEMB account before?

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

[ Edited ]

:smileyhappy:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Mega Contributor
LS2982

I'm not aware that a bank has to tell you theyre going to pull all 3. If you were new to the credit world. You wouldnt know Cap1 pulls 3 on anything.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Mega Contributor
LS2982

I'm wondering now if thats why they declined me because they couldnt access EX/EQ?? hmm

Starting Score:
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

I called that number and it says corporate? Did you get transferred from there to right department?

I will have to wait until Monday anyway for them to be open most likely... but I am done with this especially now seeing all 3 pulled!!!

To other poster, they do not have to tell you what report they are pulling and how many of them and usually even when you ask the reps have no idea... I actually get told 95% of the time if I did call and ask that we pull all 3 and actually very few banks pull multiple reports on a regular basis.

1. Amex until recently was always EX but in the last year or so we have seen a little TU action if you were on the border of approval

2. Cap1, we always knew was all 3

3. Navy is either EQ or TU, thought I figured out which loan apps pulled which but that was thrown out window when they pulled EQ for both CC and Auto.

Fico Scores: EQ 673 DCU, TU 678 Wally, EX 669 Chase(08-31-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+