Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BML Credit Line Decrease?

tag
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Re: BML Credit Line Decrease?

No your not required to make payments on purchases that are 0%. I found it crazy too and asked when i got my first statement and they told me. First time i've ever had it happen where no payment was required.

Message 11 of 13
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@chan85 wrote:
Ummm somebody correct me if I'm wrong but you still have to make payments........ I think they word it that way because Interest isn't accruing for the promo period, and as long as you pay it off befre the promos over no interest is added to the amount due.

Glad you figured out the avaiable credit thing.    Sometimes it takes several days after payment for available credit to return as well.

Some BML promos do not require minimum payments.   You have to pay attention, not all the deals are the same.

Message 12 of 13
chan85
Established Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

No your not required to make payments on purchases that are 0%. I found it crazy too and asked when i got my first statement and they told me. First time i've ever had it happen where no payment was required.

wow lol that would be too uncomfortable for me. i guess some of my purchases don't always fall in the promo offers so that's why i always have a minimum payment due.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.