cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMW Card - Pending status

tag
BawstinMike

BMW Card - Pending status

So is applied back on 4/30 and called today and spoke to a CSR and she told me my app is still pending.. I haven't received any letter yet.

I just financed a new 535i with BMW FS on 4/27

Anyone have better luck?

EXP 688 EX 663 TU 671
5/2/14 EQ 688 EX 663 TU 671
10/5/13 LP EQ 655 EX 653 TU 618

Goal: 700's in all three
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BawstinMike

Re: BMW Card - Pending status

These guys seem to take forever with decisioning. And really? I have to wait for snail mail to find out? 

Message 2 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Not every creditor or even every situation is instant.  Patience is a must with matters of credit.

Message 3 of 8
budugu
Regular Contributor

Based on my personal experience it was 7 days for them to process. This was in 2008. Never found the card useful though. 

amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 4 of 8
BawstinMike

So I get the denial letter in yesterday, which is confusing seeing they pulled Experian which they say I have a 688, my util is 9% on my other cards. I have a mix of 2 installments and 3 CC's DCU 3K, Alliant 2K and Wells Fargo 3K.

Since I already took the HP, is there a back door recon number for these guys? Or shall I just forget about it?

I know there are unrelated, but 2 weeks ago financed a new BMW with BMWFS. 

Geesh.

Message 5 of 8
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

I have the BMW Visa Card....just my opinion but don't waste your time trying to get the card. I purchased a BMW 328i coupe in October 2009 and while filling out the paperwork to finance my car through BMW Financial Services, an application for the Visa card was automatically sent and approved. I didn't ask for the card, the finance manager simply submitted my application. I've had the card since November 2009 with a credit line of $1,650. Right now, it's sitting in a drawer with a zero balance and here's why. They sent me a letter in January 2014 informing me that because I have other credit cards showing a balance, they're raising my APR from 14% to 24.99%. Didn't really bother me too much because I'm never going to use the card again and they'll probably cancel the card eventually due to inactivity.

Just my opinion but you'd be better off with a Discover Card, Capital One Venture or my favorite, American Express Blue Everyday Cash card. You can rack up more cash rewards that really benefit you instead of the BMW visa card that lets you only earn 1 point for every $1 dollar spent unless you're spending it at BMW for parts and service.

Message 6 of 8
BawstinMike

IrishPM, thanks for the input!, wow yeah I am going to chalk this one up and forget it. Especially if they are you going to treat customers like that. It's sad.

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

i was considering this card mysel, just because I love my 328i Coupe!

But I haven't heard good things, and i typically like instant approvals LOL.. so I decided against.

Please let everyone know the outcome!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.