Established Contributor
Andy77

BMW Visa

BMW gave me an auto loan for 31k.  I pay 531 per month as my payment and I am on time.  In the next month or so I will pay down the car loan by giving them a lump sum of 5k.

Since they gave me a car loan, do you think they will give me a Visa card?

Quick summary

4.5 yr BK

Zero debt

8inq

690 my fico score

Thanks

Super Contributor
enharu

Re: BMW Visa

Andy77 wrote:

BMW gave me an auto loan for 31k.  I pay 531 per month as my payment and I am on time.  In the next month or so I will pay down the car loan by giving them a lump sum of 5k.

Since they gave me a car loan, do you think they will give me a Visa card?

Quick summary

4.5 yr BK

Zero debt

8inq

690 my fico score

Thanks

really too hard to tell simply based upon your approval for auto loan.

A car loan is very different from a credit card, only because 1 is a secured lien with your car being collateral, while a credit card is essentially an unsecured revolving line of credit where the lender has last dips in the event of a default.

Try checking whogavemecredit, and google "credit pulls database" to see scores of individuals who were approved / denied.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
09Lexie
Contributor
surfnspy

Hi Andy,

I lease a car through BMW Financial and was told the BMW cards are through a different group.

They ran EX (dealer and BMW) twice and I didn't want another pull for the card so I didn't do it. 

BARCLAYS FICO 750 (1/2014)

Barclays Rewards World Mastercard $11k
Capital One (via HSBC) Mastercard $400
Gardening until 07/2014
Established Contributor
Andy77

[ Edited ]

Well I called back to see if there was an update to my application...still pending from 2/25/14

Rep said a letter was sent.

I can't wait to see what it might be.  I highly doubt they are asking me for pay stubs as I did lease one BMW with them and financed another with them.

Maybe they want a written notice as to why I filed my BK in 2009..just a guess

Guess I will find out what the letter says in a day or so...

Established Contributor
Andy77

Re: BMW Visa..Declined..

Well got the letter in the mail today.  Declined.  No reason...just said I can write in if I want one.

So, I was like why not...so I saw a fax number on the bottom of the letter...asked for a re-decision of my application based on my perfect payment history on two cars with them from 2004 to 2014.

Will see what happens..probably nothing...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+