Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMW Visa

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

BMW Visa

BMW gave me an auto loan for 31k.  I pay 531 per month as my payment and I am on time.  In the next month or so I will pay down the car loan by giving them a lump sum of 5k.

Since they gave me a car loan, do you think they will give me a Visa card?

Quick summary

4.5 yr BK

Zero debt

8inq

690 my fico score

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: BMW Visa

@Andy77 wrote:

BMW gave me an auto loan for 31k.  I pay 531 per month as my payment and I am on time.  In the next month or so I will pay down the car loan by giving them a lump sum of 5k.

Since they gave me a car loan, do you think they will give me a Visa card?

Quick summary

4.5 yr BK

Zero debt

8inq

690 my fico score

Thanks

really too hard to tell simply based upon your approval for auto loan.

A car loan is very different from a credit card, only because 1 is a secured lien with your car being collateral, while a credit card is essentially an unsecured revolving line of credit where the lender has last dips in the event of a default.

Try checking whogavemecredit, and google "credit pulls database" to see scores of individuals who were approved / denied.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
surfnspy
Contributor

Hi Andy,

I lease a car through BMW Financial and was told the BMW cards are through a different group.

They ran EX (dealer and BMW) twice and I didn't want another pull for the card so I didn't do it. 

EX: 750 (05/2015) | EQ: 765 (5/2015) | TU: 765 (5/2015)

Barclays World MasterCard CL: $19K
Capital One MasterCard CL: $3.9K (sock drawer)
CHASE Sapphire Preferred Visa Sig CL: $20K
JPM Ritz Carlton Visa Sig CL: $20K
Inquiries: 1 (EX) 0 (TU) 0 (EQ)
Message 4 of 6
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Well I called back to see if there was an update to my application...still pending from 2/25/14

Rep said a letter was sent.

I can't wait to see what it might be.  I highly doubt they are asking me for pay stubs as I did lease one BMW with them and financed another with them.

Maybe they want a written notice as to why I filed my BK in 2009..just a guess

Guess I will find out what the letter says in a day or so...

Message 5 of 6
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Re: BMW Visa..Declined..

Well got the letter in the mail today.  Declined.  No reason...just said I can write in if I want one.

So, I was like why not...so I saw a fax number on the bottom of the letter...asked for a re-decision of my application based on my perfect payment history on two cars with them from 2004 to 2014.

Will see what happens..probably nothing...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.