Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMW credit card arrived - called to activate and instead closed

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

BMW credit card arrived - called to activate and instead closed

Got the BMW card today in the mail, they never did provide me a firm CL when I was speaking to the CSRs before the card was shipped. In any case, got the card today. Limit was small and no 0% interest. No point in having it since I am only looking for big fish cards, so I declined and told them to close it.

The CSR seemed confused and asked me why I didnt want it, to which I replied with the reasons listed above.

He said that they could not grant a higher CL as I have too many recent accounts but said in 12 months they could maybe give me a CLI and tried to convince me to keep the card. I laughed and told him I have an AMEX now and a large CL through Chase, and dont need this card, and to close it. 

He did as requested, though kept trying to argue the benefits of having the card, blah blah blah. I dont see any benefits as the rewards this card offers are no better than any of my other cards that offer cash back or 2x 3x or 4x points.

Anyway, just thought I would share.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
-RED
Regular Contributor

Re: BMW credit card arrived - called to activate and instead closed

While I love BMW's, I'd have to pass also, because the only benefit is financing through BMWFS, and they sort of suck!

@ngerasimatos wrote:

Got the BMW card today in the mail, they never did provide me a firm CL when I was speaking to the CSRs before the card was shipped. In any case, got the card today. Limit was small and no 0% interest. No point in having it since I am only looking for big fish cards, so I declined and told them to close it.

The CSR seemed confused and asked me why I didnt want it, to which I replied with the reasons listed above.

He said that they could not grant a higher CL as I have too many recent accounts but said in 12 months they could maybe give me a CLI and tried to convince me to keep the card. I laughed and told him I have an AMEX now and a large CL through Chase, and dont need this card, and to close it. 

He did as requested, though kept trying to argue the benefits of having the card, blah blah blah. I dont see any benefits as the rewards this card offers are no better than any of my other cards that offer cash back or 2x 3x or 4x points.

Anyway, just thought I would share.

-800 or Bust...!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the credit limit?  They sent me one too when I financed throught BMWFS with a 4.9% APR and a $2K limit.  Just curious - thanks. 

Message 3 of 4
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

$4k was the limit. That's less than half of my Chase card which is my second most recent card, first is my Amec Zync.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.