Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA $99/$500 Card Unsecured, but no CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA $99/$500 Card Unsecured, but no CLI

BOA unsecured me, but I was denied a request for a CLI.  Instead it is staying at $500.  I never paid late for a whole year, and usually PIF.  Has this happened to anyone else?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA $99/$500 Card Unsecured, but no CLI

Ditto here. Never late. No problems. Never over the limit. I did request a CLI after I confirmed that the card unsecured and was denied. Don't recall the exact reasons, but it seemed like it was due to new TLs in past year (true) and maybe util.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine graduated a year ago, and I'm still at initial $500. I think it's perfectly normal. Just be patient.
Message 3 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

BOA might have changed their policy. Normally at the time of unsecure they would give CLI by $500. My card became unsecure around August last year with $500 + and got $500CLI. Now it is at $7100 CL.
Message 4 of 17
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I called yesterday and had my 99/500 unsecured and they gave me an instant $500 CLI without asking.  I also got a product change.

I'm sorry this happened to you.  I would try calling back and asking someone else.  Apparently their CSR's are all on different agendas because the first time I called I asked about getting a product change and the CSR I had said that I cannot do a product change and even if I did I would still have the AF.  Then I called back and got a different CSR and she said a PC was no problem at all and there would be no AF associated it.  Call back!

Message 5 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, which 99/500 card do you have? Is it the same Platinum Plus as most everyone else? Maybe it is a product issue.
Message 6 of 17
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Did they give a reason for your denial? Did you try speaking to a Senior Credit Analyst via the backdoor number? 

Here we go again...
Message 7 of 17
prettywise77
Valued Member

Mine secured yesterday as well.  I got an increase 500 w/o asking.  The rep did say to use the card and pay pay on time at 5x's and i will qualify for additional increases w/o asking for an additional cli.  I have opened a lot of recent applications.  In fact, a few months back Hooters closed my account because of the number of new accounts.  Go figure.  I also did a product change no problem.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a secured card in June 2007 with a $1500 limit and in June 2008, it was unsecured with a $2000.  I have systemmatically made on-time PIF since and was just declined for a CLI.  My EX is 689.  The ratings rep did subtlely hint that it would be helpful if I had another major card with a similar credit line.
Message 9 of 17
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got a secured card in June 2007 with a $1500 limit and in June 2008, it was unsecured with a $2000.  I have systemmatically made on-time PIF since and was just declined for a CLI.  My EX is 689.  The ratings rep did subtlely hint that it would be helpful if I had another major card with a similar credit line.

Welcome to the forums!

BOA will normally try and be in the same ballpark as your highest CL. It makes them more comfortable giving out higher CLs when they see you have experience with them already. 

Of course, that's somewhat of a Catch 22. 

Here we go again...
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.