Established Member
BarnabysMom

Re: BOA $99/$500 Card Unsecured, but no CLI

Thanks Fretless!  I was debating whether to apply for a second secured card and deposit a higher amount.  Though interestingly I am an AU for another card with a $14K limit (also always PIF >10% utilization.) 
Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

Hi StartingSlow,

I had a BoA fully secured card that unsecured and remained at the same 2k limit that I had while secured. As a matter of fact, it stayed that way until I got my credit scores into the mid-600s, and was able to do a product change to a new card. Then, things took off. My limit is now 7k.

I would suggest that you keep using the card, PIFing, and get your scores above 600, then request a product change. I think you'll see a world of difference in what BoA is willing to do for you.

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Established Member
BarnabysMom

That's a great idea, LilMirth.  I was actually just on the phone with the folks at BofA to ask if there's anyway I can turn my CC back into a secured card to help build a stronger credit line.  I did not think about requesting a product change.  My EQ is currently 689 but with this credit environment, I suppose even nominal CLIs are hard to get.
Established Member
BarnabysMom

Just as a followup, I called the BofA CS number and just got a product change from Platinum Plus to the Worldpoints Rewards card.
Frequent Contributor
PayingTheBills

As I understand it, that's not a PC.  They just add the Worldpoints Program to your Platimun Plus card.  At least, that's what they did for me.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 715 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Valued Member
Maclover

Hi all,

I had the same problem of no CLI after it unsecured, so I finally spoke to a credit analyst today (after repeated denials from the online requests).  He stated that due to high utilization (overall) they couldn't approve a CLI.  He stated that BOA likes to see at least 60% available credit for total utilization.  Currently I'm at 35% overall availability.  Hope this helps.  BTW I'm still stuck at the $500 limit - my account was the emerging credit card until January 09 then changed to the World Points Visa.   

Established Member
BarnabysMom

I actually called BofA back after reading some posts on the forum.  The CSR told me that the Worldpoints card that I will be receiving is the same one as on the BofA website and I will not be charged an annual fee (like I am with the Platinum Plus card.)  The rep also mentioned that I will receive new features, such as rental car insurance. 

Here's the link if you want additional card features:

http://www3.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/?context_id=marketing_detail&offer_id=ECOMM0908ANQ00500800...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}