Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA 99/500 Graduation Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA 99/500 Graduation Question

I'm looking forwardly to my 9 month anniversary on my Bank of American partially secured card in September. I still have 4 derogatory accounts (all PIF) showing on my credit report. Is this going to hinder the graduation at all? I've read of people who it didn't graduate for untill 11 months. Also, BOA did an account review of my Transunion report a couple days ago. Is this in preparation for the graduation, or so that they have a reason to deny me?

After the Cabela's blow I took today I'm worried that the BOA graduation I've been looking forward to is going to get screwed up also.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA 99/500 Graduation Question

Anyone have an answer to this? Will the old derog items on my report and 650 credit score prevent this partially secured card from graduating to unsecured?
Message 2 of 14
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

good question, would be interested to know also..good luck!
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 3 of 14
jkfaria
Valued Member

I'd like to hear someone's recent experience with graduation also... currently in month 10, perfect usage and payment history, but not a word or a sign from BOA....c'mon guys, share!!!
EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose you would have to call in after 9 months of payment history. BoA are busy with their work and they wont know unless you call. This is what I will do by my 9 months on Nov 1.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BOA 99/500 unsecured this past February, which was 11 months after I got it.  My scores at the time were low to mid 500s.  I only PIF's maybe 3 or 4 times, and usually had a balance of 70%-90% but I was never late.  But it just unsecured one day.  I did get turned down for a CLI, however.  But at this point, my scores are about 100-120 pts better and I have PIF'd every month since it unsecured.

Will try for another CLI after this whole mortgage thing is settled out.  I dont want to do anything to mess with my credit while I am in underwriting.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you just have to wait for it to automatically unsecure? Has anyone tried calling in at 9 months and been denied? If so, what was the reason for denial?
Message 7 of 14
cw81
Frequent Contributor

You don't  have to wait   I called at the 9 month   mark   they   did pull a hard on my TU and gave me   a CLI.  If you wait  I think they  pull a soft  and  send you your check.

Message 8 of 14
Lawlover2
Contributor

My card just graduated about 3 weeks ago.  I originally called at 9 months and they told me I had to wait 1 year.  I called 3 or 4 days before the 1 year mark and they increased by secured limit from $500 to unsecured $1,000.  I did not see any pulls on TU or EQ - can't see EX.  Hope this helps!
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your experiences guys! I will let you know what happens with mine.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.