Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA 99/500 Rewards

tag
klarso11
Regular Contributor

BOA 99/500 Rewards

I accepted this offer from BOA 2 months ago, even though like many folks I can and do get cards with $10K+ limits. Something about that red card! Anyway I contacted them to express my frustration about such a low limit and asked for the limit to be raised to $5K. I received an "unable to approve" letter in the mail but the reason given is interesting: "Your account has been open for less than 5 months." Everything I've seen here leads me to believe they consider changes only after 1 year in most cases. So...I'll ask again in 3 months and update this post. Thanks again to everyone who has helped this guy go from 531 to 724 and still climbing!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA 99/500 Rewards

Interesting... Hang in there and enjoy your red card.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@klarso11 wrote:

I accepted this offer from BOA 2 months ago, even though like many folks I can and do get cards with $10K+ limits. Something about that red card! Anyway I contacted them to express my frustration about such a low limit and asked for the limit to be raised to $5K. I received an "unable to approve" letter in the mail but the reason given is interesting: "Your account has been open for less than 5 months." Everything I've seen here leads me to believe they consider changes only after 1 year in most cases. So...I'll ask again in 3 months and update this post. Thanks again to everyone who has helped this guy go from 531 to 724 and still climbing!

This might sound stupid but ... I have never heard of BofA 99/500 Rewards card? What is that?

Message 3 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It's their secured card. $99 deposit for $500 limit.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll get there! I also love the red!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They told me you cant get a rewards secured card, I feel like I've been bamboozled... Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 14
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They told me you cant get a rewards secured card, I feel like I've been bamboozled... Smiley Mad

That's common with BofA, if you call them 3 times you might get 3 different answers.

You can call/chat them (if you have the plain card) and ask for rewards until they do.

Message 7 of 14
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

I have the plain card, but really want the red card.

Message 8 of 14
jerry2108
Established Member

i got the rewards 99/500 offer and i called them also because i have cards with 20000 limits and they told me the same thing that after 5 months i could talk to there secured department and go unsecure.

Message 9 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jerry2108 wrote:

i got the rewards 99/500 offer and i called them also because i have cards with 20000 limits and they told me the same thing that after 5 months i could talk to there secured department and go unsecure.

Keep in mind that's YEMV since it really depends on your overall profile.  While some have reported unsecuring earlier than the standard timeframe, others typically need to wait, regardless of what other high CLs you have. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.