Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA 99/500 Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA 99/500 Rewards

@jerry2108 wrote:

i got the rewards 99/500 offer and i called them also because i have cards with 20000 limits and they told me the same thing that after 5 months i could talk to there secured department and go unsecure.

+1

Message 11 of 14
msbia
Established Contributor

I had this card as well. At 6.5 months I called and asked to be unsecured. After a hp they unsecured me and gave a CLI to $5k. I also had cards with limits over $10k at the time but was grateful to be in with BOA. I have since closed the card. Patience pays off.

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck OP.  You are in with BOA and thats all that matters.  You will have a decent CL in no time!

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the regular B of A c ash rewards and was not approved, but I got a counter offer for the B of A 99/500 secured card with rewards.  I accepted because I wanted in with them, and I also had CCs with much higher limits from other companies at the time.

I used the B of A CC enthusiastically and PIF before every due date, usually making multiple payments even if not close to the 500 limit.  I waited until the day after the statement cut to start the process again.

After the sixth month, they graduated the card without my requesting it, and returned my deposit of 99, without a HP.  They did not give me a CLI.  At six months after graduation, I will call and ask for an APR reduction and also if a SP CLI is available.

For the privilege of being in with B of A, it was worth an extra effort on my part by going thru the 99/500 secured process first, even though other lenders showed higher confidence in me.  I dont value many CCCs that high, but worth it to me for this one.

HTH

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.