Contributor
boamacy

BOA AMEX

does boa still do cli at activation for thier amex cards?

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: BOA AMEX

BofA is very tight on CLI's these days. I posted about my recent experience here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=170635

The only way you will find out is by calling and asking. Use the telephone number in my post. That way you will get a credit analysts eyeballs on your info. There us no harm in asking. Worst they can say is no! Just be aware - they have a Jekyl and Hyde nature at BorA. Don't be too disappointed if the person you speak to is not nice.

Contributor
boamacy

Thanks creditwherecreditisdue, I ll give it a try tomorrow, I just hope it wont trigger any AA from boa. The thing is this is a card that was a fully secured just a few weeks ago.

i m planning on not to apply for anything for at least a year, so that my 2 cards age a little. But in case boa gets nasty hopefully my clean EQ will help me get a decent cu card.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

If that call is not fruitful and since you are finished being secured you could go right back to the soft inq pre-app site and see if it gives you any offers:

https://preapproved.bankofamerica.com/cc/SelfInquiry.aspx

Contributor
boamacy

I m sure if I apply with them I ll get denied due to too many inq on experian. I d love to get another card but with different bank or cu but my credit history is very short only 9 months I fought hard to get that boa amex though !

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

You have one BofA card that just converted. Who is the other card with?
Contributor
boamacy

boa amex    8k

macys         $200

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

I don't think you are going to get a whole lot more from BofA.
Contributor
boamacy

yeh maby you are right i was hoping my income whould help me 115k / year if they ask for a proof or something
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

I would ask. What's the worst they could do, say NO?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}