Frequent Contributor
gangof4

BOA APR for nonpromotional charges

I'm paying  21.9% on regular (neither cash advance nor promotion-related purchases.)  Is that way too high or in line with others who have BOA cards among you readers.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: BOA APR for nonpromotional charges

sounds very high to me.  However interest rates don't really shock me anymore because all my creditors have been increasing them especially on my business cards lately.

But I would shop around for a new card like citi plat select which is 0% for 18 months and move any balance you have on BofA

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
MarineVietVet

gangof4 wrote:

I'm paying  21.9% on regular (neither cash advance nor promotion-related purchases.)  Is that way too high or in line with others who have BOA cards among you readers.

I have two BoA cards; one is 7.90% and the other is 25.99%. Both accounts were supposed to be rate jacked a couple of years ago but for some reason the 7.90% card was never changed. I hope BoA doesn't read this.  :smileyhappy:

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

marinevietvet wrote:

gangof4 wrote:

I have two BoA cards; one is 7.90% and the other is 25.99%. Both accounts were supposed to be rate jacked a couple of years ago but for some reason the 7.90% card was never changed. I hope BoA doesn't read this.  :smileyhappy:

LOL......our BoA card is also at 7.9 because we opted out given the choice.  the account won't be closed once the balance is paid off, but we will end up with a higher APR, i don't recall exactly what it will end up being.  but if they don't give us a CLI once it's zero'd out (they CLD'd us by $1700), it's getting closed.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Valued Contributor
thrasher865

BoA is my only reasonable rate at 9.9% for everything (purchases, even cash advances)

But all my other cards are rewards cards and are around 19%

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}