Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA APR for nonpromotional charges

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA APR for nonpromotional charges

I'm paying  21.9% on regular (neither cash advance nor promotion-related purchases.)  Is that way too high or in line with others who have BOA cards among you readers.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BOA APR for nonpromotional charges

sounds very high to me.  However interest rates don't really shock me anymore because all my creditors have been increasing them especially on my business cards lately.

But I would shop around for a new card like citi plat select which is 0% for 18 months and move any balance you have on BofA

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm paying  21.9% on regular (neither cash advance nor promotion-related purchases.)  Is that way too high or in line with others who have BOA cards among you readers.

I have two BoA cards; one is 7.90% and the other is 25.99%. Both accounts were supposed to be rate jacked a couple of years ago but for some reason the 7.90% card was never changed. I hope BoA doesn't read this.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two BoA cards; one is 7.90% and the other is 25.99%. Both accounts were supposed to be rate jacked a couple of years ago but for some reason the 7.90% card was never changed. I hope BoA doesn't read this.  Smiley Happy

LOL......our BoA card is also at 7.9 because we opted out given the choice.  the account won't be closed once the balance is paid off, but we will end up with a higher APR, i don't recall exactly what it will end up being.  but if they don't give us a CLI once it's zero'd out (they CLD'd us by $1700), it's getting closed.

Message 4 of 5
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

BoA is my only reasonable rate at 9.9% for everything (purchases, even cash advances)

But all my other cards are rewards cards and are around 19%

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.