Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA AU Question

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

BOA AU Question

Hey guys, need some wisdom again.

My GF added me to her BOA card which she's had perfect payments since opened in 2009. I checked my reports and it's only reporting for me since the beginning of 2014. However in my report it states that it was in fact opened in 2009.

Is there something I'm missing? I seem to be missing out on 5 years of perfect, positive reporting.
Personal:

Business:

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA AU Question

IMO its always a crap shoot when it comes to correct reporting. Its all dependent on the lender. Some will report all the history, others might only report the date since you were added. If it says opened in 2009 on your report, it should help your AAOA per say
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 6
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

That's what I'm confused about. My situation doesn't applu to either scenario. I was just added last month but it says that the card has been open since 2009. So it's not reporting when I was added or the entire time the card has been opened.
Personal:

Business:

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:
Hey guys, need some wisdom again.

My GF added me to her BOA card which she's had perfect payments since opened in 2009. I checked my reports and it's only reporting for me since the beginning of 2014. However in my report it states that it was in fact opened in 2009.

Is there something I'm missing? I seem to be missing out on 5 years of perfect, positive reporting.

Open date was backdated according to primary cardholder. Payment history is empty because you had no payment history in that time span.

Message 4 of 6
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

So she never made a payment in the first 5 years?

On her report it is reporting 6 years of positive history. On my report only 1 year and 2 months. So I'm just not understanding the correlation.
Personal:

Business:

Message 5 of 6
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:
So she never made a payment in the first 5 years?

On her report it is reporting 6 years of positive history. On my report only 1 year and 2 months. So I'm just not understanding the correlation.

I guess that's the way BoA reports AUs. I added my DW 6 months after I got my BoA and all 6 months show on her report.

So is helping your AAoA because it is reporting as open in 2009 on your reports. On manual review they will only see payments since 2014. Anyway, most manual reviews don't use the AU cards so is great that it is giving you 6 years of history.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.