cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Accelerated Rewards Amex Recon Success!

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Accelerated Rewards Amex Recon Success!

Grats on the successful recon! Haven't been able to have any luck with the backdoor numbers so far, but I'm going to keep trying. 

Funny enough, I'm trying to get in with Discover and you're thinking about leaving Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 11 of 13
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

To the original poster...why did they denied you?

I've heard of successful recon but to get denied than recon for a $5K CL....that's pretty amazing.

I guess I am trying to figure how that could be????

In my situation...I have never try to recon so I am trying to get some infor on how one did and did it successfully.

Congrats !!

I have only ever tried one recon. It was a success.  In the past I never would have considered doing it, but I got strength and confidence from this forum.

In my case, I was denied online by Discover. I waited until I got their written denial letter so that I knew their reasoning. Only then did I know which report they pulled and could check as to what was on it. I knew there were 2 things on my report that they likely could have questioned. We had an income property, and the mortgage is on my credit report. All we had on our own house was a HELOC (no mortgage)...but it was a big HELOC. When I called for recon, she said...."but your report shows you have 2 mortgages on your home." Once I explained that these loans were on two different properties, she put me on hold and came back and approved me. In the end she asked, "Don't you want to know your credit limit?" I said sure...and it was approved for $13,140.

So...successful recon does happen, but I think it's wise to make sure you have their written reasons before you go back at them. I think you can make the most progress if you can give them some insight that they can't get from just looking at the written report.

And to the OP....I'd keep the Discover. We usually only use it for their very limited 5% categories, but it's worth keeping.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thanks for the responses, I suppose I will keep Discover and cross my fingers they decide to give a CLI in the future.

I'm excited for the BOA card, I didn't realize it was a harder card to get than any of their others, and my scores aren't really close to perfect, so that makes me feel good.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.