Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Advice Needed

tag
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

BOA Advice Needed

Hello fellow myFICOers!  I've learned a lot here, my credit scores have improved amazingly with your advice!  I've read here that you want to keep your total util low, but also want to use no more than 30-40% of each CL. Anyway, I moved and called BOA to change my address. The CSR convinced me that I should request a CLI and move all balances to BOA at 0% for 19 months. He told me that util on BOA doesn't matter and that there would be no AA from BOA or other creditors, because they only look at total util. My CL with BOA went from $21K to $40K, and he convinced me to use $35K of the $40K (util of 85%).  My total util is still 8%, but the util of 85% on BOA now concerns me. Looking for advice from those who know!

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Advice Needed

you WILL take a score hit for high utility on BOA account.

But since your overall credit profile is very strong, north of 800 and half Mil credit line proves it, it is VERY unlikely anyone would take AA against you.

You already take the hit on HP(i assume) CLI and paid transfer fee, just enjoy the long period of 0 apr.

save real money is more important than maintain 800 score

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 2 of 3
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: BOA Advice Needed

I think fretting about AA is generally a waste of time. It's not like anyone can tell you when/if it's going to happen and if it does, you can deal with it at that time.

Rising overall utization coupled with continued credit seeking can tend to cause AA, but again, these forums make AA seem a lot more common than it truly is. There are a lot of factors that have to come together before AA is going to occur.

High utilization on a single card is unlikely to cause AA by itself when the rest of the profile is strong.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.