Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA- Alaska Airlines CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA- Alaska Airlines CC

This afternoon a co-worker asked me for help. Her son is in Alaska ( he is in the army). She was searching tickets and they very expensive. Then I said, wait... BOA has an Alaska Credit Card with miles. I asked her: are you willing to take a HP to get the bonus? She replied, hell yeah..

So I helped her during my lunch time. We when to the website and she applied for the card... She was approved for $5K, then she told me that she wants more miles... I said, well lets try another card? she said: no,  I want another Alaska card, uhg ? I said, okay let try it and let see. Then she applied and she got approved for $7.5K ... strange? WOW, I did not know that BOA allow you to have two cards with the same product... 

She was so excited. She will have 50k by paying $150 annual fee on both cards.

Guys, did you know if this si normal? 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA- Alaska Airlines CC

Yes, you can get more than one of the same kind of card from BoA. If you do it on the same day they even combine the inquiries I believe so you only get hit with one hard pull on your credit report.

Edit: Also, I believe right now there's a way to get 25k miles and a $100 statement credit (after $1,000 spend in 90 days). It's slightly better than the standard 25k miles offer. Just have to search for a link to the application with the statement credit.

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guy on one of the travel sites got approved for 5 alaska cards in one day...
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Guy on one of the travel sites got approved for 5 alaska cards in one day...

I saw that- Darius is nuts.

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes he is!
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

From all reports, that is the trend these few days.  2 is nothing... But I have a feeling BOA will be catching on very soon.

Message 6 of 31
medo
Frequent Contributor

Most miles promotions are limited to one card though.  You'd have to wait 24 months usually before you can be eligible for bonus points for that same product.  Is it not the same at BofA?

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medo wrote:

Most miles promotions are limited to one card though.  You'd have to wait 24 months usually before you can be eligible for bonus points for that same product.  Is it not the same at BofA?

Not every lender has that rule.  

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medo wrote:

Yeah, they BoA products don't seem to be limitied to one bonus every X amount of months like other places.

Message 9 of 31
medo
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@medo wrote:

Yeah, they BoA products don't seem to be limitied to one bonus every X amount of months like other places.

Interesting...

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.