cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Americard to Rewards Card??? Anyone??

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA Americard to Rewards Card??? Anyone??

@SMikulski49 wrote:

GeorgiaBulldog,  I also have a BankAmericard rewards world, Penn State Alumni Association. On that one I get the point per dollar spent. I have a much higher limit on that card and its my main card I use for everyday purchases.

If I were to switch that card to cash reward, your saying I would keep my school logo and everything else on it? Also were you able to benefit from any of the offers they give like 100 credit when spend certain amount in few months? I would at least benefit fromt he gas and grocery. I am very temped to open up the Citi double cash for all my other purchases. I heard that citi double cash gives low credit limits, and they do multiple hard pulls, can anyone contirm this?

Is your Penn State Alumin Association affinity card not a Cash Rewards product?  Does the front of the card not display the CR logo?  How long have you had it?  On your account details, does it display a WorldPoints reward structure?  Keep in mind, if they allow a switch to CR, you may not get the $100 sign up bonus - that's typically for new accounts.

ETA - with regard to Citi, yes they can sometimes double pull - YEMV.  Starting limits would depend on your overall profile.  Some approval threads have reported high SLs, while others have not - just depends on Citi's UW and your profile/income, etc.

Message 21 of 25
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

I can't make any guarantee.  I got my alumni association card in 2009, and it didn't come with any sort of rewards structure.  But sure enough, after I PC'd it, the UGA logo was still on the new card.  You might ask a CSR, though if your experience with BofA has been anything like mine, they don't always know what they're talking about.

I did exactly what you're describing--PC'd basically only for the gas benefit.  Applied for Citi Double Cash for general spend.  Citi did start me low ($3600), but after activating, I (and a lot of other members) had luck with a second HP for a CLI.  If you go this route, ask for a lot--maybe $20k--they'll counter you if that's too high.  Bumped me up to $8400.

P.S. Good bowl game last month!  The backup that replaced Hackenberg had me scared we were gonna blow it in the end.

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 22 of 25
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I had this card, approved on January 18th, it was PCd and I had a new card by March. Can't remember when I actually requested it
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 23 of 25
SMikulski49
Regular Contributor

It is cash reward product, but I only get a point per dollar spent. I can redeem it for cash, flights, hotels, etc.  I  got a lot more out of this card when I used the world mall, if purchased stuff through bank of america website I would get 7 points per dollar sometimes more sometimes less but they discontinued that a while ago. Currently I only get the point per dollar and I am looking to get more out of my spending. I would like to switch either my BofA visa which currently has no rewards ( i got it in 2003) and my mastercard bankamericard rewards world PSU alumni (opened in 2003 as well)  to the cash reward or even the travel card. 

On top of that I would like to get the Citi Double cash for other spending, my credit scores are over 800, the only current loan I have is for my car which in 3 months will be paid off. I make over 80K a year I have other credit cards with no balances, I have other paid off car loans and student loands so my mix is very good. I am just thinking if opening up another credit card just to collect points is worth opening up another credit card.

P.S. GeorgiaBulldog, we will get you next time Smiley Tongue

Message 24 of 25
SMikulski49
Regular Contributor

Just wanted to update you guys that I did apply for the Citi DC and was approved for 12K with 13.24 APR.  Now I am waiting for the card Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.