Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Amex

Just got my BOA Amex accelerated rewards, Yeppie!! The only thing is my limit is only $1000. I want to ask for a CLI does anyone know if BOA is good about CLI and if they do a hard pull for CLI. I think that a CLI should be favorable for increase since the income I had to report was a part time school job which was about 22k/yr. I am now graduated looking for a associate position certainly moving up tax brackets.  
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BOA Amex

If you just got it, you can call the backdoor number and ask for cli and they will use the credit app they already have.
My father just got the regular amex, what's the difference?
they pre-approved for 7500 but than 500 came with the card in the mail, he called and they reviewed the credit and went up to 5k, due to debt load. I'm auth on it!!!
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA is great about giving CLIs at activation.  There are numerous threads detailing posters' successes.

Earlier this month I got my BoA Amex with an initial $5K CL.  I called in at activation and requested an increase to $15K.  The rep asked me a few question, put me on hold for a minute or so, and then granted my request.  The process was very smooth.  It's definitely worth a try.  Good luck!!!
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The BOA Amex accelerated rewards is an all black card, I thing the regular BOA Amex is the classic red, white, and blue. The one I have is 1.25 worldpoint for every dollar spend.
Message 4 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I WANT IT! Can the card be upgraded?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict wrote:

I tried to upgrade mine.  Spoke to a credit analyst and explained what I wanted.  Answered a few questions, and she told me I should receive my new Accelerated Rewards card in 4-6 weeks.

A few weeks later, I called in for an unrelated matter, and while I had them on the phone I asked the rep to just double check the status of the upgrade.  At this point I was informed that my upgrade request had been denied because I had only had the regular Amex for a few weeks.

When I complained that the credit analyst I spoke to said it was a done deal, that rep told me there's nothing she can do.

I'm not going to push it right now.  They did give me a nice CLI from $2500 to $7500 only about a week after activation, so I can't complain much.  Still, it would have been nice if they had 1) not told me that the upgrade was a done deal when it apparently wasn't, and 2) sent me some sort of notification that the upgrade request was denied rather than making me find out by accident.

Oh, well.  I'll ask again in 6 months or so.

Message 6 of 15
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

cheddar wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

I tried to upgrade mine.  Spoke to a credit analyst and explained what I wanted.  Answered a few questions, and she told me I should receive my new Accelerated Rewards card in 4-6 weeks.

A few weeks later, I called in for an unrelated matter, and while I had them on the phone I asked the rep to just double check the status of the upgrade.  At this point I was informed that my upgrade request had been denied because I had only had the regular Amex for a few weeks.

When I complained that the credit analyst I spoke to said it was a done deal, that rep told me there's nothing she can do.

I'm not going to push it right now.  They did give me a nice CLI from $2500 to $7500 only about a week after activation, so I can't complain much.  Still, it would have been nice if they had 1) not told me that the upgrade was a done deal when it apparently wasn't, and 2) sent me some sort of notification that the upgrade request was denied rather than making me find out by accident.

Oh, well.  I'll ask again in 6 months or so.

Sigh.... I want to do this too!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was not going to apply at first, because I was a student and had a small income. But, to get a prime card with good rewards was to much to pass up. Plus, I have heard that BOA will grow with you.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Sigh.... I want to do this too!

Why not give it a shot?  The worst they can do is say no.  You've had yours longer than I've had mine, so maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

BTW, even if they tell you they'll upgrade, don't believe them until you actually have the new card in your hands. LOL

Message 9 of 15
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was not going to apply at first, because I was a student and had a small income. But, to get a prime card with good rewards was to much to pass up. Plus, I have heard that BOA will grow with you.

Hit the pre-approval button on their website. BofA tends to be good about giving you a card that you've been pre-approved for.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.