Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Amtrak Guest Rewards 9/2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Amtrak Guest Rewards 9/2015

Hey guys! As an amtrak traveler I am excited to see anything related!  I honestly am a little ambivalent on the new points structure. I think it could go either way really. Anywho, curious to see if Amtrak stays a Chase UR partner for the long haul. Hard to say.  If you see any good info you can post it here.  This is just some basic info from

google/mommypoints.

Amtrak-Credit-Cards.jpg.png

http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/2015/08/13/big-changes-reportedly-coming-to-amtrak-rewards-book-...

I am curious to see what the sign on bonus would be like....but mostly the ability to apply for this and the BBR would be AWESOME.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Amtrak Guest Rewards 9/2015

Oooh nice! I wish I would've know about their rewards program when I was in college. I took Amtrak all the time
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

More excited about transferring UR to choice hotels via amtrak status again, really missed out on good value for my europe trip without that option...
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
More excited about transferring UR to choice hotels via amtrak status again, really missed out on good value for my europe trip without that option...

curious what you mean here, you would maybe get the status with the new amtrak card, but the chase UR transfer isnt guaranteed.....

"

7. Amtrak

Good Redemption — Sadly, the best use of Amtrak Guest Rewards has recently become difficult for most of us to attain. Chase recently killed the co-branded Amtrak credit card. Big deal, right? Well, if you were a cardholder and you spent $200 on Amtrak annually, you could transfer points to the Choice Hotels Privileges program at a rate of 1:3! Choice properties outside of the US offer great value, especially when you can turn 1 Ultimate Rewards point into 3 Choice Privileges points. Now the only way to transfer is if you have Amtrak elite status."

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://milecards.com/1588423111/chase-amtrak-credit-cards-end-sept-30-ultimate-rewards-transfers-not...

Chase Amtrak Credit cards will be replaced with Chase Freedoms September 30th. Points remain intact. No info on amtrak-UR transfer ability. Any cardholder will get sign on bonus as to get the new AGR card requires a HP.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Today, you’ll begin to see information through various sources about the new Amtrak Guest Rewards MasterCard® credit cards. For those of you who are deeply engaged with the program, we wanted to share the details here. With the new Amtrak Guest Rewards World MasterCard® credit card, members will enjoy accelerated earning in the program like never before—3 points for every $1 spent with Amtrak, including onboard purchases, 2 points per $1 spent on all other eligible travel purchases and 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. Plus, to make earning Amtrak award travel even faster and easier, the World MasterCard® credit card comes with an attractive 20,000 bonus points offer after spending at least $1,000 in purchases on the new card within 90 days of account opening. Also, World MasterCard cardholders will be entitled to additional benefits—ranging from the ability to earn valuable Tier Qualifying Points (TQPs) toward elevated status and a complimentary Companion Coupon, One-Class Upgrade and a single-day ClubAcela pass.

Now you will have the choice between the premium World MasterCard credit card and the all-new Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum card, which will earn you 2 points for every $1 spent with Amtrak and 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases. Plus, both cards will allow you to enjoy greater acceptance and added security with smart-chip technology when used at chip-enabled terminals.

For information about the rates, fees, other costs and benefits associated with the use of these credit cards, go to http://AmtrakGuestRewards.com/Apply, and we highly encourage you to visit the site for a comprehensive overview of the new cards.

This credit card program is issued and administered by Bank of America, N.A. MasterCard and World MasterCard are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated and are used by the issuer pursuant to license.

Anthony Rizos
Director, Member Experience Solutions"

"

Gary Leff says:

@Boraxo yes it is Bank of America, you can apply now by phone, should be on the website within 2 weeks"

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2015/09/11/details-of-the-2-new-amtrak-credit-cards-revealed...

amtrakcards.jpg

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoomp there it is!  Gonna try to use the points before january 1st . Basically plan on taking several small trips solo, get a roomette with a friend, then go a decent distance and use the bogo for that next year.  

0924151126-1.jpg

Message 7 of 11
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys! As an amtrak traveler I am excited to see anything related!  I honestly am a little ambivalent on the new points structure. I think it could go either way really. Anywho, curious to see if Amtrak stays a Chase UR partner for the long haul. Hard to say.  If you see any good info you can post it here.  This is just some basic info from

google/mommypoints.

http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/2015/08/13/big-changes-reportedly-coming-to-amtrak-rewards-book-now/

I am curious to see what the sign on bonus would be like....but mostly the ability to apply for this and the BBR would be AWESOME.

They should replace "Chris L Martin" with "Joe Biden".

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

google/mommypoints.

http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/2015/08/13/big-changes-reportedly-coming-to-amtrak-rewards-book-now/

They should replace "Chris L Martin" with "Joe Biden".

I dont get it? Not into politics. 

Message 9 of 11
Open123
Super Contributor

When do the 20K points post after meeting the intial spend requirement?

Thanks!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.