Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA App question

tag
Seatown1two
Regular Contributor

Re: BOA App question

As suggested, I would absolutely take it.  BofA did the same for me a few years back, got it unsecured a year later and am now at a 6k limit with no annual fee.  Take good care of that card!!

Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 11 of 13
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@JWest wrote:

I applied for a boa cash rewards card but i don't think I got approved and then got an alternate offer for the same cash rewards card with 500 limit and it was said I would be notified if approved and a deposit would be withdrawn but I didnt have to enter any account information and I didn't apply for the secured card, has anyone had this happen?

Shucks I hope I am not too late!

I recently apped (11/25) for the 123 Rewards Card. Instant denial and offer for the $99/500 deal due to unpaid 5 year old charge off on report. I called to recon and the first credit analyst confirmed the denial. I then asked to speak with the supervisor and after explaining my situation he was able to approve me for the 123 rewards card $1000 limit. My current profile does show a WF card (recently went unsecured 11/13) that was still reporting a $400 unsecured limit (I recently requested a increase -- approved to $10,400). Had I been patient and waited a couple of more weeks (12/13) for my new CL to show up I would have gotten the siggy (Grrr!)

If you don't have any revolvers, that deal is as best you're going to get. If have at least 1 year on your revolver, and a clean 2 year payment history, please recon if you haven't accepted the offer already! 

Message 12 of 13
HiLine
Blogger

@Revelate wrote:

@djc1puno wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@mbla wrote:

Yes even the fully secured card can be product changed the the 1-2-3 Rewards Card once it's issued.  Remember unlike other secured cards (Capitol One/USAA) BofA cards graduate.  I have even heard you can request at CLI of $500 for a $99 additional deposit after a few months of excellent payment history then it can be unsecured based on credit analyst review (with HP).

Call the Credit Analysts they can answer all your questions in one easy call.

The 500 for 99 additional deposit where did you hear that from? I have read a lot about the boa secured card and have never heard that.

it's a counter-offer to those that didn't qualify for their normal 123 card...i got the same offer before after being denied...99/500 secured 123...AFAIK, you don't need to be a BOFA customer to get that offer

Think there's some miscommunication:

The 500 for $99 initial deposit is one thing on the ever useful and as another poster described it as elusive counter-offer (I'd absolutely take it personally in that situation)

mbia suggested you could make an additional $99 later for an additional 500 dollars on the limit.  That's news to me and isn't really necessary since as I understand it BOFA graduates these cards identically to their secured ones... in which case typically it'll be kicked up above the 1K mark anyway.  Save the money and the HP as a result.

+1

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.