Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA BBR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA BBR

Hey guys,

I just wanted to make sure what I thought was correct about this card.

If I charged it for one meal, let's say $10, would I still be able to use this charge to qualify for the $25 per quarter? Or is there a minimum I have to spend? Sorry, the wording is a bit confusing for me on the website. 

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA BBR

I don't have this card (I want it though) but from my understanding you have to pay more than the minimum every month to qualify for the $25 back each quarter, so you wouldn't be able to do this with only a $10 charge because the minimum would be $10 so how could you pay more than that? You'd have to have say a $30 charge, and since usually the minimum payment for most lenders is $25, then by paying $30 you'd be paying more than the minimum. Does that make sense?

Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so just to confirm: Let's say minimum payment is $25 (which it probably is). If I buy anything over that, say an item that is $26, then I would qualify, correct? 

And why don't you app for the card? You gardenin'? Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, so just to confirm: Let's say minimum payment is $25 (which it probably is). If I buy anything over that, say an item that is $26, then I would qualify, correct? 

And why don't you app for the card? You gardenin'? Smiley Tongue

You're correct! And yes I'm gardening; I got WAY too many cards recently so I'm laying low for at least 6-12 months. But after that, I'll be app'ing for it.

Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which cards do you use the most? And which ones are you hoping to apply for later on?

Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have BTs on my Ring and Freedom right now, so my everyday spend has been going on my Quicksilver and Discover (my Discover has the double cashback right now). The only cards I really want are the BBR and Double Cash card. Well actually, I really want a CSP too but that won't be happening for 2 years (and that's only IF I don't get 5 more cards in that time Smiley Wink).

Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh, I see. Thanks for introducing the Ring to me. I'll have to take an even more in depth look into it. 

Do you use Freedom/Discover equally?

And the BBR would only be used to make some free money, right? lol. 

Also, why do you want the Chase Preferred? Aren't there other cards that have 2x points/2% for those categories? (US Bank cash+) Or is there something I'm missing  here with the saphire preffered? AF to me is annoying and cards that have AF should be disregarded...unless they have really good benefits (Marukai JCB)

@Anonymous wrote:

I have BTs on my Ring and Freedom right now, so my everyday spend has been going on my Quicksilver and Discover (my Discover has the double cashback right now). The only cards I really want are the BBR and Double Cash card. Well actually, I really want a CSP too but that won't be happening for 2 years (and that's only IF I don't get 5 more cards in that time Smiley Wink).

Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the Ring is a great low APR card and is worth looking into. It has no BTs fees, cash advance fees are only $3, no FTF, no AF, and it has a charity and giveback program which is pretty interesting... plus did I mention the 8% APR? (I love the Ring)

I would use my Freedom as much as my Discover, but with Discover's double cashback promo I've been using it more right now (I love Amazon, and the Dept. stores are useful right now because my kids needed back to school clothes - can't beat 10% cashback Smiley Happy

The BBR would be for the free money for sure Smiley Wink

The CSP is necessary for the transferring of UR points from the Freedom to other travel partners, so it's points thing (I'm not a fan of annual fees either).

Message 8 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes the Ring is a great low APR card and is worth looking into. It has no BTs fees, cash advance fees are only $3, no FTF, no AF, and it has a charity and giveback program which is pretty interesting... plus did I mention the 8% APR? (I love the Ring)

I would use my Freedom as much as my Discover, but with Discover's double cashback promo I've been using it more right now (I love Amazon, and the Dept. stores are useful right now because my kids needed back to school clothes - can't beat 10% cashback Smiley Happy

The BBR would be for the free money for sure Smiley Wink

The CSP is necessary for the transferring of UR points from the Freedom to other travel partners, so it's points thing (I'm not a fan of annual fees either).

Any other benefits for the Ring? I do not carry balances nor am I looking forward to balance transfer...so I don't think I would need it.

Have you thought about getting the US Bank Cash+? --could this replace the chase freedom?

So the CSP is mainly used as a transfer platform then? People don't actually like it, right? lol.

Also, I'm not sure if you remember but you replyed to my previous thread. I just got my credit cards in the begginning of last month. When do you think think I should app for the Citi DB, or better yet, if you were me, when would you app for the Citi DB after applying for 3 new credit cards last month?

I appreciate all the time and help you've given to me, by the way. 

Message 9 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only other benefit to the Ring is for emergencies.. you never know when you might have to make a large purchase, pay medical bills, etc. so it's a nice low APR card to have just in case.

As for US Bank, I probably wouldn't be approved because they also check IDA and ARS (other credit reporting agencies) and ARS keeps a list of EVERY app you make for a Visa or Mastercard, regardless of the bureau that was pulled for the app, they track them ALL by your ss# and address.. And I've app'd a lot in the last 12 months Smiley Sad 

Lots of people love the CSP.

And I do remember your other thread, and I still think you should wait at least 6-12 months. Every lender has an internal limit in regards to how much exposure they're willing to take on for each individual (it depends on your income and credit profile). So with the denial for the Diamond card, I can only assume it's because, for now, you've reached that internal limit. You'll have to give it more time before they'll feel comfortable lending you more. It would probably be best for you to seek cards from other lenders for right now, and work on CLIs from Citi in 6 months or so. Maybe then you can just PC one of your cards you don't use much into one you'd rather have. Does that make sense?

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.