Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Better Balance Rewards Card

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

BOA Better Balance Rewards Card

- Will it automatically be a WMC if one has a CL greater than $5K?

- If no, will it report the CL?

- Looking into this card for the $25 per quarter for paying more than the min payment.

Any opinions so far?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Better Balance Rewards Card

I will let you know when I get mine. Approved on the weekend for 12.5k. Got approved at 11.99% rate, with 15 mos 0% on purchases, and BT. No-fee BT for first 60 days account is opened. It does report the limit - even though the card has not arrived yet, it is already reporting.

For me, it was a good card to have for BT's. For people who may carry a balance, but pay more than the minimum when they do it is a no-brainer.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 2 of 24
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

I will let you know when I get mine. Approved on the weekend for 12.5k. Got approved at 11.99% rate, with 15 mos 0% on purchases, and BT. No-fee BT for first 60 days account is opened. It does report the limit - even though the card has not arrived yet, it is already reporting.

For me, it was a good card to have for BT's. For people who may carry a balance, but pay more than the minimum when they do it is a no-brainer.

definitely let us know empty. I am curious myself.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

I picture it as a basic card with no rewards and the only good thing is the $25 quarterly free $$

I'm considering trading my 1-2-3 Privileges for this card.

Message 4 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

As much as dislike BoA ( banking) I might have to add this one too my Fall spree. My DD just PCd her Student Visa she's had for this one too.
Message 5 of 24
Ron1
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
As much as dislike BoA ( banking) I might have to add this one too my Fall spree. My DD just PCd her Student Visa she's had for this one too.

I got mine yesterday. It is Better Balance Rewards Visa with the EMV.

Ron.

Message 6 of 24
elpo9
Regular Contributor

Compared to 1-2-3, this card pays better and offers lower APR if you spend less that $10,000/yr or 5,000/yr or 3,000/yr respectively. So for many of us in that situation...it's a no brainer to switch Smiley Tongue

NFCU (7000) | Freedom Visa (2400) | DM (2500) | AMEX Plat (7000) | Amazon.com (1800) | GapCard ($750) | Closed: Barclays (1500) | Cap1 ($750) | BoA 1-2-3 Rewards (2500) | Gardening til mid-autumn 2015 for that Delta Platinum AMEX

Starting Score: 608 (2015) 702 (2012), 653 (2011)
Current Score: 685 699 8/6/11 717 8/30/11 712 12/6/11 714 across the board 1/12/12 685 EX FICO 3/1/14
2018 Goal Score: 715

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

May have to add this one to the spree queue in January!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

So it seems that there is also a Visa version of this card. Since it seems to be a basic, would it report the CL?

Message 9 of 24
CS800
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I got mine yesterday. It is Better Balance Rewards Visa with the EMV.

Ron.

Does it say signature?

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.