Reply
Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,552
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

BOA Better Balance Rewards Card

- Will it automatically be a WMC if one has a CL greater than $5K?

 

- If no, will it report the CL?

 

- Looking into this card for the $25 per quarter for paying more than the min payment.

 

Any opinions so far?




Established Contributor
emptypockets
Posts: 999
Registered: ‎02-03-2009
0

Re: BOA Better Balance Rewards Card

I will let you know when I get mine. Approved on the weekend for 12.5k. Got approved at 11.99% rate, with 15 mos 0% on purchases, and BT. No-fee BT for first 60 days account is opened. It does report the limit - even though the card has not arrived yet, it is already reporting.

 

For me, it was a good card to have for BT's. For people who may carry a balance, but pay more than the minimum when they do it is a no-brainer.


CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (4), Chase (5), Nordstrom Visa,US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Nasa FCU Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Citi (4), Discover IT, Walmart Discover, Sam's MC, Cabela's Visa, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, 5/3 RLR MC, DC Premier MC, Macy's AMEX; Several store cards.

Current Scores: EQ (6/14): 800; TU MyFico (6/14): 814; Walmart TU Fico 08 (10/2014): 813; EX (6/14): 775
Valued Contributor
dodgerslv
Posts: 1,834
Registered: ‎06-16-2012
0

Re: BOA Better Balance Rewards Card


emptypockets wrote:

I will let you know when I get mine. Approved on the weekend for 12.5k. Got approved at 11.99% rate, with 15 mos 0% on purchases, and BT. No-fee BT for first 60 days account is opened. It does report the limit - even though the card has not arrived yet, it is already reporting.

 

For me, it was a good card to have for BT's. For people who may carry a balance, but pay more than the minimum when they do it is a no-brainer.


definitely let us know empty. I am curious myself.


Cards: (Citi- 82.7k) (Chase- 65k)) (US Bank- 18k) (Amex- 22.5k) (Barclays-40k) (BofA- 68k) (Cap1- 9.5K) (WF- 11k) (Penfed- 22.5k) (Discover- 8k) (Sync/GE- 15.7k) (NASA- 30k) (Diners- 15k)
Fico 08 scores (8/27/14) EX: 772 TU: 767 EQ: 778 (Utilization at 8% right now).





Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,552
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: BOA Better Balance Rewards Card

I picture it as a basic card with no rewards and the only good thing is the $25 quarterly free $$

 

I'm considering trading my 1-2-3 Privileges for this card.




Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 26,345
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: BOA Better Balance Rewards Card

As much as dislike BoA ( banking) I might have to add this one too my Fall spree. My DD just PCd her Student Visa she's had for this one too.
Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,338
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: BOA Better Balance Rewards Card


09Lexie wrote:
As much as dislike BoA ( banking) I might have to add this one too my Fall spree. My DD just PCd her Student Visa she's had for this one too.

I got mine yesterday. It is Better Balance Rewards Visa with the EMV.

 

 

Ron.

Contributor
elpo9
Posts: 80
Registered: ‎08-02-2011
0

Re: BOA Better Balance Rewards Card

Compared to 1-2-3, this card pays better and offers lower APR if you spend less that $10,000/yr or 5,000/yr or 3,000/yr respectively. So for many of us in that situation...it's a no brainer to switch :smileytongue:

BoA 1-2-3 Rewards (2500) | Freedom Visa (2400) | DM (2500) | AMEX PRG (7000) | Amazon.com Store Card (1800) | Cap1 ($750) | Gardening til mid-summer 2014 for that Delta Platinum AMEX

Starting Score: 702 (2012) 653 (2011)
Current Score: 685 699 8/6/11 717 8/30/11 712 12/6/11 714 across the board 1/12/12 685 EX FICO 3/1/14
2013 Goal Score: 755


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: BOA Better Balance Rewards Card

May have to add this one to the spree queue in January!



Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,552
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: BOA Better Balance Rewards Card

So it seems that there is also a Visa version of this card. Since it seems to be a basic, would it report the CL?




Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,552
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: BOA Better Balance Rewards Card


Ron1 wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
As much as dislike BoA ( banking) I might have to add this one too my Fall spree. My DD just PCd her Student Visa she's had for this one too.

I got mine yesterday. It is Better Balance Rewards Visa with the EMV.

 

 

Ron.


Does it say signature?





myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}