Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Better Balance Rewards

tag
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: BOA Better Balance Rewards

this card could basically pay for a Netflix or Hulu subscription.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 11 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@Steelersboy wrote:

this card could basically pay for a Netflix or Hulu subscription.

Yeah, I've considered getting it simply for Netflix, or a cup of coffee per month.  However, again, the value has to placed in perspective of what an HP/new account is worth to you.  Of course, assuming BofA doesn't nerf it, then it's well worth the app since one can literally earn a free $100 per year indefinitely.

Message 12 of 20
Runitup
Regular Contributor

So if you only put $1 per month on the card (pack of gum or whatever), let it report and pay it off, they will deposit $25 and create a negative balance?  I guess I'm not understanding how it works.  

Message 13 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@Runitup wrote:

So if you only put $1 per month on the card (pack of gum or whatever), let it report and pay it off, they will deposit $25 and create a negative balance?  I guess I'm not understanding how it works.  

Good question.  Since I have a BofA account, I assume they'll deposit it in there.  However, in the OP's case, request a check?

Message 14 of 20
Runitup
Regular Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Runitup wrote:

Good question.  Since I have a BofA account, I assume they'll deposit it in there.  However, in the OP's case, request a check?

Right, I'm assuming no BoA deposit account.  This wouldn't work for the subsequent quarters if you're only putting $1 per month on the card as it would not cut a statement with a balance (assuming you can't request a check).

Message 15 of 20
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Runitup wrote:

Yep, chatted with a rep last night about a rewards check, she says that is the other option. I received a check from my BOA cash rewards card which is why I asked her.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 16 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

OP, do you have a cell phone bill?  Just make a $1.00 payment per month.  Done.

Message 17 of 20
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@Runitup wrote:

pretty sweet deal huh? For as long as it lasts anyway.

Message 18 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@Steelersboy wrote:

@Runitup wrote:

Well, if we do the smart thing and stop sharing this or recommend others not abuse it, maybe it'll last longer?

*Edited*  PS - Joke, by the way!

Message 19 of 20
Runitup
Regular Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Steelersboy wrote:

@Runitup wrote:

Well, if we do the smart thing and stop sharing this or recommend others not abuse it, maybe it'll last longer?

*Edited*  PS - Joke, by the way!

Wow, that's unreal.  I've been putting my $38 cell bill on it.  I guess I feel guilty taking overt advantage of the program but they put it out there so it is what it is.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.