Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Better Balanced Rewards Card

tag
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Better Balanced Rewards Card

I just asked to PC my Cash Rewards over to the Better Balance Rewards as of this afternoon.  I'll be forfeiting my current cash back rewards in order to do this, I think it's like 12 bucksSmiley Mad.   OH well, at that rate, I would need to use the card more to redeem at least 25 bucks minimum,  but I have BT's going on and don't charge on the card anymore, because of the 0% offers I'm using.

Just keep making my payments and every 3 months, I'll get $25 bucks, since it's all at 0%

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

I have my BBR card for like 30 days only  and just received the first statement credit of 30USD Smiley Happy  .. OP do you let a balance report or do you let 0 balance report ? If 0 balance reporting is done this could be the explanation.  All I had on mine was the Netflix charge and it worked.

I let the balance report every month and pay it off before the due date. The $3.xx has been reporting every month for maybe a year now. At first I thought the $25 reward was just acumulated somewhere. Did your $30 credit get deposited into your bank account? Or how did it report if your balance was less than $30? I don't think it would make your balance go negative right? I'm guessing that's where I went wrong, i didn't charge more than $25 in the months when the reward was supposed to credit.

Message 22 of 30
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I have my BBR card for like 30 days only  and just received the first statement credit of 30USD Smiley Happy  .. OP do you let a balance report or do you let 0 balance report ? If 0 balance reporting is done this could be the explanation.  All I had on mine was the Netflix charge and it worked.

I let the balance report every month and pay it off before the due date. The $3.xx has been reporting every month for maybe a year now. At first I thought the $25 reward was just acumulated somewhere. Did your $30 credit get deposited into your bank account? Or how did it report if your balance was less than $30? I don't think it would make your balance go negative right? I'm guessing that's where I went wrong, i didn't charge more than $25 in the months when the reward was supposed to credit.

For me it just shows a statement credit.  On 10/1 I paid my previous balance to $0.  On 10/2 I had about a $38 charge at a retailer with a 10% CB offer.  On 10/3 BoA credited me with $30 for the quarter.  My statement balance dropped to $8.  The ~$3.80 CB will be deposited back into my checking account in a couple of months.   My goal was to spend at least $31 this month to make sure I had a balance after the BBR reward.

It may be possible to have the BBR reward be deposited to your checking account, but I haven't seen that option.

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditDunce wrote:

For me it just shows a statement credit.  On 10/1 I paid my previous balance to $0.  On 10/2 I had about a $38 charge at a retailer with a 10% CB offer.  On 10/3 BoA credited me with $30 for the quarter.  My statement balance dropped to $8.  The ~$3.80 CB will be deposited back into my checking account in a couple of months.   My goal was to spend at least $31 this month to make sure I had a balance after the BBR reward.

It may be possible to have the BBR reward be deposited to your checking account, but I haven't seen that option.

I'm guessing that was my problem, not charging over the $25 to let the reward credit... So sad! Smiley Sad

How does everyone have all these good CB offers? I've never used it before, but looking now, I only have T-Mobile and AT&T Wireless cash back deals, which I cannot take advantage of. Are these deals unique and random like Amex? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

If you look at the CC page, click "View Rewards Preference" under Rewards. It takes you to a page where you can choose between a statement credit or or depositing it into a BOA/Merrill Lynch Checking or Savings acct.

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditDunce wrote:

I'm guessing that was my problem, not charging over the $25 to let the reward credit... So sad! Smiley Sad

How does everyone have all these good CB offers? I've never used it before, but looking now, I only have T-Mobile and AT&T Wireless cash back deals, which I cannot take advantage of. Are these deals unique and random like Amex? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

If you look at the CC page, click "View Rewards Preference" under Rewards. It takes you to a page where you can choose between a statement credit or or depositing it into a BOA/Merrill Lynch Checking or Savings acct.

That just doesn't track.  You should still get the $25 credit for a quarter where you met the requirements.  It's the *next* quarter that would get screwed up by the $25 credit for the prior quarter, because it will indeed make your balance go negative, and it will stay negative until you charge enough to give you a balance, or you call customer service and request a check for the credit balance.  Anyway, they don't abstain from giving you the credit, it's the actual awarding that potentially messes things up.  

I don't know what criteria they use in offering BankAmeriDeals.  You should find anything available in the Cash Back Deals tab.  I have a feeling that the miore of them you use, the more they offer.  I've used about a half dozen in the last couple of years.  Right now, I have 18 available deals:

10% cashback Five Guys Burgers and Fries Expires 11/15/2014
20% cashback Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center 11/15/2014
10% cashback Petflow.com Earn 10% cash back on your Petflow.com purchase amount up to $125. Pet food delivery! Expires 11/20/2014
5% cashback P.F. Chang's Expires 10/28/2014
10% cashback Pei Wei Asian Diner Expires 10/28/2014
10% cashback Tom & Eddie's Expires 10/27/2014
10% cashback Edible Arrangements Expires 10/13/2014
15% cashback Peapod Expires 10/23/2014
25% cashback HelloFresh.com Expires 10/20/2014
10% cashback SmartStyle Hair Salon Expires 10/6/2014
$75.00 cashback DIRECT NFL SUNDAY TICKET is back! Upgrade to DIRECTV and earn $75 cash back through BankAmeriDeals! Expires 10/18/2014
$75.00 cashback AT&T Switch to AT&T and earn $75 cash back when you sign up for a new qualifying line of wireless service! Expires 10/14/2014
10% cashback Quiznos Expires 10/7/2014
10% cashback Kmart Expires 10/11/2014
10% cashback Petco Expires 10/15/2014
5% cashback Pet360 Expires 10/31/2014
10% cashback PetSmart Expires 11/3/2014
10% cashback DSW Expires 10/28/2014

My wife's list is a little smaller.

Chris.

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

It is possible for a new customer to receive the first payout in less than 3 months. Here is there example for the quarter ending in June.

boa-new.png

Maybe it's just my bad luck, but I'm 0 for 4 on getting the reward the first quarter.  I know at least once it was a legitimate screw-up in that I let a credit post just before the statement was cut and didn't catch it in time to spend it up.  But on at least a couple of the cards, I had a balance on each statement for the quarter.  I tried calling customer service, but it was so exhausting.  Every time I called, I had to wait forever for a CSR, who then had never heard of the Better Balance Rewards program, would have to put me on interminable hold to educate themselves about the program and then still didn't get it and couldn't provide any meaningful help even when I explained the program to them.  Maybe the CSR's are better informed now, maybe their system is better programmed now.  But I'm getting all of my bonuses now, so I'm just glad I made the switch on all our sock-drawered BofA cards.

Chris.

Message 26 of 30
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

You have a Quiznos deal?  The only useful deals I have are several pet stores and Autozone.  After I use one of the deals, it comes back in a couple of months.  If I ever run out of pet store deals, I will have to try buying lunch at Quiznos... or maybe it would be better to buy at subway.

The deals are supposed to be based on where you shop and local retailers.  I am not sure how true that is, but I didn't have many deals available when I first received the Cash Rewards CC.   They may also give you additional deals if you download their mobile app.  But I haven't tried that.

Message 27 of 30
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I had 7,99$ report and found the full 30$ on my bank account. The balance of the card I had to pay it did not automatically deduct it.  I will see what will happen next quarter as I do not intend to use the card for much as I lost the Visa Signature benefits.... this card only comes in Platinum version.

Message 28 of 30
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@CreditDunce wrote:

You have a Quiznos deal?  The only useful deals I have are several pet stores and Autozone.  After I use one of the deals, it comes back in a couple of months.  If I ever run out of pet store deals, I will have to try buying lunch at Quiznos... or maybe it would be better to buy at subway.

The deals are supposed to be based on where you shop and local retailers.  I am not sure how true that is, but I didn't have many deals available when I first received the Cash Rewards CC.   They may also give you additional deals if you download their mobile app.  But I haven't tried that.

I have never used any of their deals as I only get deals for local use... and I am in Europe Smiley Sad...the worst the same deal keep coming back

Message 29 of 30
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

After reading this thread, I looked closer at the redemption options for the BBR card.  By default it was set for a statement credit.  However, you can change it to deposit the funds into your BoA checking account.  It may even allow non-BoA checking accounts.  I had to enter a routing number/account number.   I think my confusion was because I PC'd the card from the cash rewards.  With the cash rewards card, I selected where to deposit the rewards at redemption time.  Moreover, the BBR redemption selection is different than the Cash back redemption selection.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.