Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Blacklist

tag
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

BOA Blacklist

My dad had a charge off with BOA, but was approved for a secured card with them...does that mean he is not blacklisted?
Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Re: BOA Blacklist

Anyone?

NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 2 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Correct at least as far as the terminology on this forum goes.

        
Message 3 of 8
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

How old was the chargeoff? Was this chargeoff ever paid? If not, it'd be interesting to see if the graduation schedule and future CLIs are affected in any way.
Message 4 of 8
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

It was included in Bankruptcy so since 2007

PenFed Promise 5K
Message 5 of 8
CS800
Super Contributor

I had 3 cards with BOA that I had them closed and still had balance on them.I closed them becasue BAO wouldnt budge on thier 29% APR back then (when I closed, they gave me 2%). The cards have since been paid in full.

Last year I appled for their 1-2-3 card...flat out denied and CSR told me that I have 'burnt' them in the past. So when you say blacklist, I beleive it exist with them Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

A teller mentioned a card I last had in 1999, so they have some notes in their systems.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say so.....

My personal experiance is that they hold on to information for awhile and if you are blacklisted it is hard to get off that list and they will not allow you any services

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.