Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CASH ADVANCE FROM CC

tag
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA CASH ADVANCE FROM CC

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

your dog is being held for ransom, and for some reason you can't access your money via your debit/ ATM card --then I guess, go ahead.

Every kidnapper I've ever dealt with at least accepted Visa and MC Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup, I agree with what you are saying in terms of I am against cash advances because they tend to signal to your issuer that you are desperate.  However my comments in this thread were in regards to balance transfers.   The convenience checks BOA sends you, as far as I know, are coded as balance transfers, not cash advances.  They are 2 distinct categories.  Now the balance transfer may or may not make sense given the APRs, and fees involved.  My point is that balance transfers may carry some risk of AA from the issuer but it is not nearly as much as the risk of using a cash advance from the issuer.

Message 22 of 23
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Thanks, I see what you're saying. I was actually commenting more on another post that equated cash advances AND BT's, especially from BofA, as automatic doom.

That's what happens when I skip using the "quote" button! Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.