Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CC CLOSED BECAUSE OF CLI REQUEST

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA CC CLOSED BECAUSE OF CLI REQUEST

@Watchmann wrote:
Whether or not BoA's action seems to make sense or not, I'm amazed at people who still are asking for CLI's as if it was 2006-2007.  Stop already.  Unless you absolutely need more credit everyone needs to chill out and stop asking for more credit at this time.  Let things settle down.  Once you ask a creditor for something they will start looking at your account.  Once that happens anything may happen.  You may have squeaky clean credit (or so you think), but asking for scrutiny is never a good idea.   Proceed at your own risk, but I don't know why people are surprised when adverse action is taken against their TL's.

Agreed

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same exact thing around the same time, August of 2009.  My 99/500 was unsecured and I got the $99 back, waited a few months and asked for a CLI bc I was going to buy a house and wanted a higher score.  She put me on hold, came back and said they were closing my account.  I asked why and she said bc I have a PAID collection on my report.

My argument back to her was that I was given that card with a score of like 485, was always perfect on it, and now my score was approx 650.  Also, when I got that card, I had 2 charge offs and like 7 collections.  During the time I had the card, I had 1 chargeoff and 6 collections removed.  I also had no baddies in the 18 months since having that card, and was clearly on my way up in the credit world.  It really ticked me off seeing as I have a checking, savings and a business checking with BOA for several years.  Oh well, I should never have drawn attention to myself.

At least you have a good history reporting for the next 7 years.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Takunda1 wrote:

As the title says.. I requested a CLI request from BOA on my World Points CC on Saturday and got the 5- 10 day decision message. Today I come home from work, I have a letter from BOA telling me that they have decided to close my account " due to a pattern of late payments on this card or any other card issued by  FIA card services.

There was a number to call for more info. I called the number and the associate I spoke with told me that, because of a payment plan I had with Chase on a cc in 2005, they decided to close my account. Thing is since 2005 I have never been late on anything; so I asked if there was any possibility of reinstating the account since 2005 is so far back and he said no. Apparently this came up because of the soft pull they did for my CLI request. Good thing is I only had a recurring charge from True Credit on it, I guess I'll put that my my CITI card now.

So if you plan request a CLI from BOA make sure all the bad stuff on your report has fallen off or else, they' may just close your account like they did to me.

Since when has Chase ever been affiliated with FIA?

Smells like universal default to me.

Message 13 of 19
fricnfrac1
Contributor

I have refrained from req a cli from BOA, strictly from what I have read on here. I had a $300 secured card in Sept 2007, graduated to an unsecured nine months

later. I have a perfect payment history with them, and my cs was extremely low when they took a chance on me My CS is much higher now. . I still have baddies waiting to drop off, but I know that the chances of my getting a cli is low considering what is going on in the credit market nowadays.

In fact, looking of my Exp CR, I saw that they did a soft pull in Feb on my account. Interesting!

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have been more disciplined, but I never thought they would close my account.  I think I will apply for another card with them, and if I can only get a secured card, I will put a lot down.  In the long run, having a $5k or $10k unsecured limit with them will be worth losing the interest on that money for a year.

Of course, Citi has a secured card as well that you can put $5k into.  At least theirs goes into a CD.  BOA's just sits in their account making $ for them without any payments to you.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I should have been more disciplined, but I never thought they would close my account.  I think I will apply for another card with them, and if I can only get a secured card, I will put a lot down.  In the long run, having a $5k or $10k unsecured limit with them will be worth losing the interest on that money for a year.

Of course, Citi has a secured card as well that you can put $5k into.  At least theirs goes into a CD.  BOA's just sits in their account making $ for them without any payments to you.

Starting,

Why are you interested in app'ing for another card with them if they closed your account?  There are lots of fish in the sea - and some of them are much better behaved than others.

DH has a BofA, but if they closed it, he would swim to friendlier waters if he wanted a new card.

Just curious as to your thinking on this one......

Message 16 of 19
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like Citi has BoA beat!  I apped 2x with BoA.  Declined both times.  I've divorced them from my possible app list.  They're a joke!  (to me anyway)

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:

Sounds like Citi has BoA beat!  I apped 2x with BoA.  Declined both times.  I've divorced them from my possible app list.  They're a joke!  (to me anyway)

SSSSSOoooo agree!!!!!

Message 18 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@BungalowMo wrote:

SSSSSOoooo agree!!!!!

Give me some more time and I might agree with the two of you.Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.