Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI Any recent experiences?

tag
Heavy-Handed
Established Member

Re: BOA CLI Any recent experiences?

They CLD'd me last year from $3,000 to $500 on the Amex.  After reading about the recent  "Click it and Forget it" luv button success stories here, I pulled the trigger last week.  I requested $5,000 and got the instant call for decision message.  I didn't call and when I checked my online 48 hrs later - Bang!  $5,000 limit from a measly $500.

Message 11 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Heavy-Handed wrote:

They CLD'd me last year from $3,000 to $500 on the Amex.  After reading about the recent  "Click it and Forget it" luv button success stories here, I pulled the trigger last week.  I requested $5,000 and got the instant call for decision message.  I didn't call and when I checked my online 48 hrs later - Bang!  $5,000 limit from a measly $500

Congrats! X10
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 14
Heavy-Handed
Established Member

Thanks!

Message 13 of 14
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Duke-of-Earl wrote:

Where are you folks seeing this "luv button"?  I check out my account at least once daily, never saw anything I could recognize as what you're talking about.  What does it look like?  Where on the page is it?

Don't really want a CLI, $20K is enough on that account.  But pretty disturbed that they don't seem to think I'm worth an offer.

When you log in, click on "Account Details" on the next page, to the left of your screen (look at my screen capture below)

See right under "Temporary Authorization" (rounded) Request a credit line increase, that's where my luv button is, I would assume that's where yours should be as well.

Thanks for pointing it out, Mustanglvr2006.  Exactly right, I must have seen that link a thousand times but never paid any attention to it since I don't want to request a CLI.  Everyone here was writing about a "LUV button" and I expected it to be labelled just that way.  LUV is just a descriptive phrase, I guess?

Main reason I don't want to request it is they CLD'd me by 50% when the financial system collapsed a couple of years ago.  I was angry enough to write them a letter, listed the three deposit accounts and a mortgage I had with them in addition to the CC, hinted I might look elsewhere.  Also mentioned I had set up an account for my son at a BoA branch in his distant college town and had been transferring money to it regularly.  And I sent a copy of the letter to the manager of my local brick&mortar branch, who went to bat for me.  The CLD was reversed within a month, total elapsed time.  But I don't need an additional CLI and don't want to rock the boat.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.