Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI - Approved

tag
itsjustmeibe
Regular Contributor

BOA CLI - Approved

So I app'd for a CLI on Monday. Current limit $7k, new limit requested $12k. Gave the information on the form, I assumed soft inquiry since it didn't say they would check my credit. Got the message to call to complete request. I didn't call.

Today I realized my BOA has a very low regular rate (2.99% + prime) so I decided I want to use it as my everyday card. (Just in case some balances transfer to the next month, I currently use Discover for everyday purchases). Then I decided I need some rewards, so I called to product change  from Platinum Plus to World Points. (I forgot all about the CLI request). Anyway, they are changing my card to the rewards, and then she said do you want to use any of your available $12k limit to balance transfer at 0% until 12/09? I said no, but I was happy with the increase.

Current FICO - EXP 721 (don't have the others off hand)

I got the BOA card last Nov with initial limit $7k, had been declined for CLI before with the reason of you have enough credit. I used it for a 0% balance transfer and paid it off within 6 months. I currently have no balance.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

Re: BOA CLI - Approved

Congrats on your CLI success!!
Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 2 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

That's great!

In July I completed the CLI request form. I left the amount blank, which means you are seeking an increase to the maximum possible amount. I also got the "phone in" message and made the call. I had a nice experience with the credit analyst (for a change) and was increased from $3.5K to $7.5K.

Message 3 of 12
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@itsjustmeibe wrote:

So I app'd for a CLI on Monday. Current limit $7k, new limit requested $12k. Gave the information on the form, I assumed soft inquiry since it didn't say they would check my credit. Got the message to call to complete request. I didn't call.

Today I realized my BOA has a very low regular rate (2.99% + prime) so I decided I want to use it as my everyday card. (Just in case some balances transfer to the next month, I currently use Discover for everyday purchases). Then I decided I need some rewards, so I called to product change  from Platinum Plus to World Points. (I forgot all about the CLI request). Anyway, they are changing my card to the rewards, and then she said do you want to use any of your available $12k limit to balance transfer at 0% until 12/09? I said no, but I was happy with the increase.

I got the BOA card last Nov with initial limit $7k, had been declined for CLI before with the reason of you have enough credit. I used it for a 0% balance transfer and paid it off within 6 months. I currently have no balance.

So they gave you the CLI without calling before you called for product change?

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 4 of 12
itsjustmeibe
Regular Contributor

@Karatz wrote:

@itsjustmeibe wrote:

I assume so because I never asked about CLI on the phone. I couldn't see my account prior to the phone call as many other people had reported, so I'm not sure if it was there before I called or not. I don't even know if the number I was supposed to call about the CLI was the same number I called for product change.

Message 5 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@itsjustmeibe wrote:

@Karatz wrote:

@itsjustmeibe wrote:

I assume so because I never asked about CLI on the phone. I couldn't see my account prior to the phone call as many other people had reported, so I'm not sure if it was there before I called or not. I don't even know if the number I was supposed to call about the CLI was the same number I called for product change.

A BofA credit analyst told me in July that at the current time all CLI requests through the website get one of two responses: 1) the message to call in, or 2) No. Many have reported that they received a CLI from BofA when they submitted the request, got the call in message and did not call. You can call the number displayed in the message for a PC. The number is a backdoor number direct to the credit analysts.

Message 6 of 12
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

Yeah I called and would've had it, if only I didn't have an old B of A cc I'm still paying on. :-(
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 7 of 12
nicemann
Established Contributor

Congrats on the CLI.  I currently have $25,000 CL with BoA.  That is with 5 CCs with them.  The main card I use has 15k of the 25k CL on it.  Last time I called back in April I was told I had the max CL for my salary (about 75k yearly).  Been debating since it's been awhile if I should call back and ask.  I am just afraid they will start cutting my CL.  That would stink!
Message 8 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

nicemann wrote:
Congrats on the CLI.  I currently have $25,000 CL with BoA.  That is with 5 CCs with them.  The main card I use has 15k of the 25k CL on it.  Last time I called back in April I was told I had the max CL for my salary (about 75k yearly).  Been debating since it's been awhile if I should call back and ask.  I am just afraid they will start cutting my CL.  That would stink!

OK, I have to ask: why would you be asking for a CLI? --not nagging, just curious. $25K from one bank seems plenty. CU's are different, of course. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 12
nicemann
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

OK, I have to ask: why would you be asking for a CLI? --not nagging, just curious. $25K from one bank seems plenty. CU's are different, of course. Smiley Wink

Hey the more the better......sad thing is I PIF my 15k every Friday (usually less then $500 on it).  The others are just a $10 or less monthly bill that is automatically charged.  I PIF those when the statement cuts.  Just do that to keep them active.  I have never paid BoA any interest in the 4 yrs I have been with them.

Yeah....maybe I shouldn't try for more.  I may be pressing my luck.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.