Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI How Long To Wait?

tag
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

BOA CLI How Long To Wait?

I have had a BOA card for almost 3 years now. I just asked for my first increase recently. It was originally secured then released. I just asked for $3k and the rep told me no problem after asking several questions. I wish I asked for more. How long should I wait till next request? 6 months?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA CLI How Long To Wait?

I don't know if its apples to apples but I had bofa secured since 1st march 2010 with 500CL. I called on feb 25 this year and got it unsecured and at the same time the analyst gave me a new CL of 7500. Yesterday (4/9) I called and told them I need a CL as I am planning a european holiday next month and want a 15k CL, they declined 15k but gave me 10k (2500 CLI).

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 4
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I think I will push them for 10000 and see what happens. I will wait maybe 2-3 months. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@breakthecycle wrote:

I have had a BOA card for almost 3 years now. I just asked for my first increase recently. It was originally secured then released. I just asked for $3k and the rep told me no problem after asking several questions. I wish I asked for more. How long should I wait till next request? 6 months?

You can request an increase every 30 days. It may not be large increases when you do it monthly but its something. I just got $500 added yesterday to my BoA Accelerated Amex. It all adds up though. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.