Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI Soft/Hard Frozen

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

BOA CLI Soft/Hard Frozen

Just a fyi, I tried getting a CLI with my newley Frozen reports on my BOA rewards card,..............

Thought I could sneak by with a soft, but nope.

I was on hold for 10 min for her to come back and tell me to unfreeze my reports.

I said no thank you, have a nice day.

This is the first time I have tried a CLI with BOA, and thought it might be a soft pull after being there over a year.

YMMV

Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA CLI Soft/Hard Frozen

BOFA CLI's are always a HP AFAIK.

        
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Used to be softs, unless you were trying to hit them up every month or something, but now they're hards.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
minimock
Frequent Contributor

You know, one other interesting thing I found, and have seen different opinions in different threads on this, but I specifically asked why they couldn't pull my reports in a frozen state seeing as they are a current creditor.

If you read the fine print when freezing your reports, all three CRA's say that a current creditor CAN do a HP.

The BOA lady said, they could NOT.

I think its probably not that they can't, but rather a policy not to if your reports are frozen.

Ah the study of the credit beast should be treated as a degree LOL

Message 4 of 5
ferrari
Regular Contributor

Mine was a soft about 2 weeks ago. I did not call though I just waited for a few days and they granted the increase with a soft on EX. Not sure if the fact that my reports were frozen made any difference but it certainly can protect you from getting hit with a hard especially if you end up not getting the increase

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.