BOA CLI possibilities??

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

BOA CLI possibilities??

Hey everyone!!!

Happy Friday the 13th!!

Got a q bout my BankAmericard Visa.

Currently my cl is $25k. I have had this line for about eight or nine months. Initially it was 3500, I reconned right away to 10k, then in February I got it to $25k via hp on TU (697 was TU FICO then!)

I have seen some members easily get to the 40-50k range cl wise on their BOA cards here just by using the instant online system.

I have pretty much reached a point where most of my issuers aren't auto cli'ing me any more. At what point would it would be wise to ask BOA for say ... a $50k credit line.?? I want that to be my next request. Admittedly, I'd be happy with 35-40K just to reach that next level of higher credit line, but is this really even possible??

DO they require bank statements(I can provide) or anything extra curricular? I am wanting to hear from those who have these higher lines. My TU FICO is around 700-720.

is a 50k credit line even possible with only 150k income?? 150k income is really like net 100k; I basically get raped by Uncle Sam. LOL Doesn't go as far as you'd think.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

Re: BOA CLI possibilities??

I opened my BOA Visa last Oct with an initial CL of $10,000 and it is now $25,000, and opened my MC with them in Feb with initial CL of $12,500 and it is now at $20,000.  All increases done through the love button with hard pulls.  I think I am tapped out right now with them with $45,000 combined CL.

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 2 of 6
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I would go for it young...worse they can do is counteroffer or say no. I have the BofA Privilege sitting at 30k and the Cash Rewards at 15k. They havent asked me anything at all. I started my Privilege at 5k back in August of last year so its been less than a year at have it 30k. You have it at 25k right now, i would ask for at least 10k.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think you are good to ask for it.... weren't you considering the Fidelity though... I would go for that if so instead of the CLI right now.

Message 4 of 6
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

I had a similar situation with BOA very recently.  I've had my card for about 10 months now.  started at 5k and at 3 months, asked for 25k and got it.  I asked them last month to bump it up to 50k hoping to get a 40-45k counter.  They only gave me an additonal 5k to 30k.  My TU is 780 with 2 inq and income around 175k.  I do have about 400k of revolving credit so it may have been a factor.  I think you should be able to get it.

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 5 of 6
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Food for thought:

In your position, I'd focus on increasing my credit line for one of my annual fee cards - e.g. the Chase Sapphire Preferred.  

After all, to justify the annual fee I need to put enough spending through the card to earn more than the fee back in rewards.  And if I am planning to put a lot of spending on a card, it makes sense to focus my efforts toward a higher credit line on that card. Doing so means I can make larger purchases without bringing my card into the "maxed out" range that can impact my FICO.  

It also means I can make larger purchases, period. Why yes, I would like to earn 20k UR points for that shiny new Italian motorbike, thank you. Smiley Happy

It sounds like you just want the achievement badge of having a 50k or higher credit limit. There's nothing wrong with wanting that, but if your focus is on building wealth and maximizing rewards, focus on upgrading the cards you are paying for the privilege of carrying.

At the rate you are growing your portfolio the 50k limit is going to come to you soon anyway.  

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.