Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI results in Card Preapproval email from BOA

tag
professor_g
Valued Member

BOA CLI results in Card Preapproval email from BOA

Hey folks, 

So over the weekend I took a hard pull to get a CLI on my BOA Cash Rewards cards.  I was able to go from $1500 to $5000, (I asked for 8K, but happy with the counteroffer of 5K). 

Today I get an email from BOA letting me know I have been preapproved for a credit card, all I have to do is log into my account for the offer.  So I log in and it seems I'm preapproved for the Better Balance Card with 0% interest for 12mos.  My question is, do ya'll think they will hardpull TU again, or will they use the report they just pulled for the Credit Limit Increase?   I was planning to PC to the Better Balance Card in the future, after I used one of the balance transfer offers they keep sending me in the mail.  

But if this isn't going to cost me another hard pull and was planning to transfer a balance anyway, the offer seems kind of tempting.   

Any thoughts on this? 

In My Wallet: AZSTCU Visa (13K) I Discover It (13K) I Home Depot (8K) I Citi TYP (6.2K) I Amex BCE (6K) I Dillard's Amex (5.5K) I BOA Cash Rewards (5K) I Chase Southwest Visa (3.25K) I Chase Freedom (3.25K) I Lowe's (2.25K) I Macy's (1.3K)

Starting Score: EX 586 EQ 551 TU 583 Current Score: EX 755 (CU PULL) EQ 803 TU 725
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA CLI results in Card Preapproval email from BOA

Is going to cost you another HP.

Make sure you read the terms and condition of this pre-approval. By default BofA charges 4% BT fee, though for some promotional offer it charges 3%.

Message 2 of 3
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA CLI results in Card Preapproval email from BOA

@professor_g wrote:

Hey folks, 

So over the weekend I took a hard pull to get a CLI on my BOA Cash Rewards cards.  I was able to go from $1500 to $5000, (I asked for 8K, but happy with the counteroffer of 5K). 

Today I get an email from BOA letting me know I have been preapproved for a credit card, all I have to do is log into my account for the offer.  So I log in and it seems I'm preapproved for the Better Balance Card with 0% interest for 12mos.  My question is, do ya'll think they will hardpull TU again, or will they use the report they just pulled for the Credit Limit Increase?   I was planning to PC to the Better Balance Card in the future, after I used one of the balance transfer offers they keep sending me in the mail.  

But if this isn't going to cost me another hard pull and was planning to transfer a balance anyway, the offer seems kind of tempting.   

Any thoughts on this? 

Congrats on the CLI.  Time to update that signature!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.