Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA CLI

hello community , wanted to know after a secured card graduated , will they charge a hard pullor soft if i apply for cli online. which one is it usually. thanks in advance for all your responses!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA CLI

BOA cli will result in a hardpull.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the quick response, guess i'll just wait for them to auto increase it whenever that is..

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for the quick response, guess i'll just wait for them to auto increase it whenever that is..

How long have you had the card?  Sometimes, a hardpull can be a good thing if it warrants you getting a good limit on your credit card.

Message 4 of 13
roxy72
Valued Member

BOA will always hit you with a hard pull.  I've been with BOA credit card holder since 2008 and I litterally had to fight, argue and threaten to close my account after I requested a cli of $2400.  I started out with a secured card with a limit of $300.  Never been late on a payment, to date.  Never recvd a increase till 2016.  

Seedling till 5/15/19
Message 5 of 13
EW800
Valued Contributor

I don't know anything about transitioning from their secured program, but will agree with others that B of A can be no fun to deal with when it comes to CLI's.  My first card from my late teen years a few decades ago is a B of A card.  I still have it.  It still has a $700 CL after a few decades, with never a late payment.  I have other cards with CL's in the $30K to $60K range, yet B of A is keeping me at $700.  I refuse to take a HP for an increase and obviously the card gets very little use at that CL.  I charge maybe a fast food lunch every few months, just to keep it open for the AAoA help, but that's it.    Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 6 of 13
noobody
Established Contributor

My 5K SL still 5000 after eleven years.
HP CLI request was declined around 2011 for lack of usage with over 780 fico.
They did offer me 150 statement credit after 500 spending last year, because of lack of usage. I gladly took it.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA just gave me a "ninja CLI" on my Travel Rewards. Bumped it from 12k to 15k.

No notice. No letter. No online message. Nothing. I didn't ask for it, didn't expect it, haven't been doing anything unusual with the card. My FICO recently jumped from `760 to `780 on the score that BoA is tracking. Maybe that's why?

I just noticed my limit is now printed as 15k on my most recent statement and online. My last statement had the lower limit.

Not complaining!!!

Message 8 of 13
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

BOA has been nothing less than AWESOME with me.  They are right up there with NFCU in my books - look at my post in approvals from earlier today for my most recent CLI. And it was NOT a HP..!

I could NEVER complain about a bank that gave me a 99/500  partially secured card last May... which usecured at 5 months.. and with todays CLI,  now sits at a $5500 CL... 

As always, YMMV..  Apparently they like me. And I like them, and use their card a LOT

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 9 of 13
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

BOA has been nothing less than AWESOME with me.  They are right up there with NFCU in my books - look at my post in approvals from earlier today for my most recent CLI. And it was NOT a HP..!

I could NEVER complain about a bank that gave me a 99/500  partially secured card last May... which usecured at 5 months.. and with todays CLI,  now sits at a $5500 CL... 

As always, YMMV..  Apparently they like me. And I like them, and use their card a LOT

I saw your thread and commented.  Congrats!

How did you manage a SP CLI?  I use my card a lot as well, but still stuck at $500.  I like stated before, I do have a CH13 reporting but is due to fall off early next year. 

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.