cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Cash Rewards or Better Balance Rewards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Cash Rewards or Better Balance Rewards?

@yfan wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

BOA Cash Rewards is the 3rd column from the right. Ignore the wells Fargo and TD Bank cards, and that still leaves a lot of cards with better rewards.

The table is missing the Security Service Power Travel rewards card, which gives 3.3% cash back on Gas (3% + 10% annual bonus on cash back earned)

Alright you got me. But it only leaves Sallie Mae, actually. The rest are all restricted by membership to other entities which either cost money (Costco, Sam's) making the card not a true no-AF card, or restrict to special criteria (Security Service), and/or are business cards and not consumer cards.

Personally, I buy almost all my gas at Costco, and IF you are going to have a Costco membership anyway, you can't beat 3% cashback on Costco gas (which is now running about 30 cents cheaper than surrounding stations).

Agreed.  I have the Sallie Mae WMC, but I still buy all of my gas from Costco.  10 cents cheaper per gallon than the next cheapest gas around, that's 4 percent on top of the 3% I earn with the True Earnings. 

The Sallie Mae WMC trumps this card if you're not a Costco member, but to me, weekly trips to Costco for $5 rotissary chicken and their gas makes the membership/AF worth it.

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP,

Were you able to PC to the BBR card? Please update as I'm planning to do the reverse - PC from BBR visa to Travle Rewards visa.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OP,

Were you able to PC to the BBR card? Please update as I'm planning to do the reverse - PC from BBR visa to Travle Rewards visa.

You can go from BBR to Travel Rewards but you can't go to a BBR from any card.

Message 23 of 29
Runitup
Regular Contributor

As I posted about a month ago, they PCed me from a Platinum Plus to BBR with no soft/hard pull.  It's definitely possible.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

solongtj and runitup,

I'm trying to convert from BBR to Travel rewards and used secured message and phone call and was not successful.

CSR is saying BBR card cannot be converted into any other card.

Is there any other way way to reach a better CSR/dept who can help me? phone number or email?

I want to convert to avoid hard pull, retain history and feel travel rewards (planning to get the platinum honors status too after conversion) will give me much more than BBR. 

Thanks

Message 25 of 29
Runitup
Regular Contributor

Yes, I used this number posted in the backdoor number thread:

BofA:  866-618-4585 (Sr Credit Analyst)

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OP,

I was able to convert to the BBR card. But I had to jump through some hoops to do it.

I went back to the online chat on the 16th like I was told to do. I got a new CC agent and this person (who seemed rather incompetent- couldn't even locate my CC account after giving him the FULL number) told me that I had no PC offers. I told him what I had been quaranteed by the other agent. He just kept repeating that he saw no offers for me. The only solution he proposed was to apply for a BBR card. I said no. I don't want the hard pull plus I shouldn't have to apply for the card when I was promised that I could PC my card into it. I told him I'd talk to the executive office about it and then said goodbye. I then wrote an email to the EO and waited for a week for a response. No response.

Really annoyed by now I decided to check out myfico forums for ideas on what to do next. I ran across a thread where someone posted that BOA really cares about their BBB rating. So I thought. Hmm. Not honoring a promise doesn't seem like a good business practice to me. So I filed a complaint. Within about two days of filing a complaint I got a call from BOA's enterprise team. I originally missed the call and ended up playing phone tag with them for about a week and a half. Two days ago I finally got through to my assigned person from the enterprise team and they told me that I would receive a call before the end of this week from a credit analyst who would need to read me some disclosures. I said okay and hung up. Yesterday I got a call from the analyst (which I missed- yes, I am that busy) and then I returned it as soon as possible. I managed to get through to the analyst who originally called me. She was very nice and simply asked me which card would I like to upgrade my card to. The way she said it implied that I could upgrade it to any card I wanted. I decided to ask for the BBR card because I feel like it most benefits my spending habits right now (I don't have a car therefore I don't need 3% gas cash back) and because it was one of the cards that I was originally offered. I didn't want to take advantage of the situation. She read a few disclosures to me, told me my card would arrive in about 2 weeks, and asked if I had any questions. I simply doublechecked that this would not cost me a HP, she verified that it would not, and that was that. My new card is in the mail as we speak Smiley Happy.

P.S. I am a she not a he. Thank you.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome story. Good for you for sticking to your guns. Congrats on the BBR. It's a great card!

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP - Thank you for the update.

How long did it take for the new card to be visible online and for the physical delivery?

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.