Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Cash Rewards

tag
Blurbz
Contributor

BOA Cash Rewards

Does anyone know for sure whether boa cash rewards reports or doesn't report a CL to the three bureaus? I've seen conflicting info and it makes a big difference to me in deciding whether to apply or not....
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Cash Rewards

Regular will.  Signature may or may not, seems BOA is typically the latter.

Message 2 of 16
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

Regular will.  Signature may or may not, seems BOA is typically the latter.

+1 I have the regular BOA Cash Rewards card and it reports every month to EX,EQ and TU and reports the credit line.  But I'm pretty sure the signature version does not report a credit line.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 3 of 16
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I have a Signature and it doesn't report the CL. Otherwise, I love it.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I have both cards 1 Platinum Plus which does report the CL and 1 Signature version that does NOT report the CL. Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
Blurbz
Contributor

Thanks for the replies!  Definitely disappointing to me:  I already have a PRG and, if I were to add another card, it'd probably be for BOTH the limit/util and cashback.  If BOA only gives me the cashback without reporting a limit to help my util rate, I think I'll pass on it.  

Message 6 of 16
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

You might want to check if they offer a World Mastercard version. I think they report CLs for that but not Visa Signature.

Message 7 of 16
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Blurbz wrote:
Does anyone know for sure whether boa cash rewards reports or doesn't report a CL to the three bureaus? I've seen conflicting info and it makes a big difference to me in deciding whether to apply or not....

I have the Cash Rewards Signature card.  It DOES report a CL, a high balance, and notation of "flexible spending card".  That also shows up on my Merrill Lynch Platinum Plus card as well. 

With BofA, it seems to be a true YMMV thing. 

EDIT:  Beyond my BofA cards, I have additional Signature Visa cards.  They all show the same thing, including a credit limit/high balance and "flexible spending"...this for my JP Morgan Select card and my Chase Sapphire Preferred. 

Message 8 of 16
toppers555
Established Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@Blurbz wrote:

I have the Cash Rewards Signature card.  It DOES report a CL, a high balance, and notation of "flexible spending card".  That also shows up on my Merrill Lynch Platinum Plus card as well. 

EDIT:  Beyond my BofA cards, I have additional Signature Visa cards.  They all show the same thing, including a credit limit/high balance and "flexible spending"...this for my JP Morgan Select card and my Chase Sapphire Preferred. 

Was your siggy always a signature or were you upgrade at some point.  All my CR (besides TU updated to show no limit  about 2 months ago ) show a limit but it is outdated from before i switch to Siggy version.  

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 9 of 16
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@Blurbz wrote:

Was your siggy always a signature or were you upgrade at some point.  All my CR (besides TU updated to show no limit  about 2 months ago ) show a limit but it is outdated from before i switch to Siggy version.  

All of them were always Signature Visas. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.