Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Cash Rewards

tag
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Re: BOA Cash Rewards

I'm an AU on the regular CashRewards and it reports to all three.

Message 11 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@Blurbz wrote:
Does anyone know for sure whether boa cash rewards reports or doesn't report a CL to the three bureaus? I've seen conflicting info and it makes a big difference to me in deciding whether to apply or not....

Bank of America reports credit limits for all their credit cards except those that belong to the Visa Signature family of cards. A regular Visa, aka, Platinum, will have its limit reported as usual. All Mastercards will have their limits reported as well. Bank of America is very flexible in letting you choose the card family you want. If you have a Visa Signature but would rather have the limit reported, you can ask BofA to convert the card to a Visa Platinum, or a Mastercard of any type. During and after the conversion, everything else about the card, including the reward structure and credit limit, remains the same.

The BankAmericard Cash Rewards credit card by default is a Visa. If you meet certain requirements BofA may offer you a Visa Signature, but if you would rather have a card for which Bank of America will report the credit limit, you can easily request a different version. Lots of people do this.

In short, Bank of America will report the credit limit of your Cash Rewards credit card if you want them to. Smiley Wink

Hope that helps. Robot LOL

Message 12 of 16
rushx2112
New Contributor

$5k and up (Visa Signature) will not report a limit (NPSL)

Message 13 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@rushx2112 wrote:

A limit higher than $5k does not guarantee a Visa Signature.

Message 14 of 16
rushx2112
New Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@rushx2112 wrote:

I thought they only issue Signature for those limits

Message 15 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@rushx2112 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@rushx2112 wrote:

I thought they only issue Signature for those limits

Not necessarily. New card, likely. Same card but new CL, not likely. Cat Wink  Also, conversion is always an option. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.