Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Checking Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Checking Account

Wow, I did not think it would results in hard pulls.  I am doing this so it would make it easier to get that BOA Secured Card so now I have 2 checking accounts total.   here some of infomation. the offer sounds good so I went for it , so anyone on here likes BOA checking account?  here some infomation on the type of BOA account I just filled in. Oh and I have heard BOA Checking Visa card looks pretty stylish  and you have an option to put a image of yourself on the card Smiley Happy

• MyAccess Checking
  • Regular Savings
  • Keep the Change
  •  

Keep the Change™ - a new kind of change jar

• When you enroll, you’ll save with each debit card purchase
    • We'll match 100% of your Keep the Change™ savings for the first 3 months and 5% thereafter up to a maximum total of $250 per year
    • It's an easy way to grow your savings while you spend    <----- This part is what I like and thats why I went for it. 
    Message Edited by SnowWalker on 11-17-2008 09:44 PM
    Message 1 of 8
    7 REPLIES 7
    creditreformer
    Frequent Contributor

Re: BOA Checking Account

i love ba...online bill pay is a breeze...keep the change helps me save $$$ slowly yet surely...cs has been great to me.  oh yes, it's FREE.  the only drawback is the savings acct only lets you have 3 withdrawls/mo. and then ba hits you w/transaction fees (not sure what they are as i've not hit the withdraw limit/mo).  i have the partially secured (99/500) BA cc and have had it since 5/08...supposedly ba secured ccs will grow w/you- i've seen people turn a secured BA into 20k+++ cls.
    Message 2 of 8
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

maximize the keep the change, i got 249.92(paid bills 1.01 at a time) of my match when i opened my checking account
    Message 3 of 8
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

I have free checking because I have automatic payroll deposit with them. Online banking is the best there is. Keep the change is a joke as BOA savings accounts are among the very worst returns in the business. Part of my payroll is automatically deposited into an ING savings account which pays s %2.75 return. It was at %4.75 a year ago before all this mess started but it's better than BOA's .0064 or whatever joke that is.

BTW, I've been with BOA since they became BOA but having had a BK 6 years ago BOA laughs at my request at even a fully secured CC. Even with 700 scores.

Message Edited by beenthere on 11-18-2008 05:22 AM
    Message 4 of 8
    Scamp
    Valued Contributor

creditreformer wrote: 

the only drawback is the savings acct only lets you have 3 withdrawls/mo. and then ba hits you w/transaction fees (not sure what they are as i've not hit the withdraw limit/mo). 

The 3 per month limit doesn't apply to direct transfers from your BofA savings to your BofA checking - the limit on that is 6 per month.  I double-checked this when I first opened my checking acct. at BofA several months ago, because the acct. rep I spoke to mentioned that 3 as well - I had to go digging around in their T&C and find the language for her to prove to her that 6 in-house transfers from savings to checking per month were allowed (I've done more than 3 TF's/month occasionally at my main bank, over the years - no fees yet).  I gave up on BofA because they kept slapping holds on my paycheck deposits (my employer won't do direct deposit).

The 3 per month limit is on withdrawals via the ATM or at the bank, and such-like, or if you were to do a TF from your BofA savings to an account at another institution.

_____________________________________________________________________________
    It's never too late to become the person you might have been. ~George Eliot

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
    Message 5 of 8
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

I hope that you find your new BofA account to have been worth the hard pull. I know mine certainly was. I have 2 myaccess checking accounts that have been enrolled in the keep the change program for the past 10 months. In hindesight, I wish I had enrolled in keep the change when I first opened my accounts. To date, I have saved $291.00. I also have 2 CC from BofA. One has a $4200 CL and the other has a $10,500 CL. If you demonstrate a good payment history and financial responsibility, BofA rewards you with periodic CLI. My initial limit was $2500 for the first year. The second year, it was $5000. The third year, $10500. I look forward to seeing my next CLI.

If you have direct deposit, BofA may give you the unsecured CC. My friend was able to get his in spite of his FICO being in the mid 500s. He saw it in the special offers and applied. His myaccess was only 3 months old at that time.

BTW, I am usually photogenic but my image on my card bites! But then again, it was 107 on a hot summer day in Georgia and I was due to deliver in a few weeks. Maybe your image will turn out much better than mine did.

Message 6 of 8
    sleekblackroadster
    Valued Member

how did you guys get images on your cards? i just opened a myaccess and regular savings with boa and didn't see anything about pictures on the debit card..
    just opened 2 new accounts.. Macys Red and BOA 99/500.. util went from 89% to 64% overall but AAoA dropped from 3 to 2 years.
    Jan 09 - TU 640 EX 615
    Dec 08 - TU 643 EX 622
    Message 7 of 8
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Go into your local BofA branch and they will take your picture on site and put the image on the card for you. 
    Message 8 of 8
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.