Established Member
Skins2311

BOA/Citi questions

Hey guys I am new to the forum and would like some help. I recently applied for the CITI Dividend World Mastercard and the BOA Cash Rewards CC. With CITI I was declined but have yet to receive my letter stating the reason. I should get it this week and when I see the reason I will post on here to gather info to see if I should try a recon. I just applied today for the BOA Cash rewards card and I was not instantly approved so I need to call BOA monday to get my answer. I currently have a FICO score of 696 on EQ. and 709 on TU. EQ is showing 3 Inquiries and TU only 1 in the past year. I guess I would like to know if based on the information I gave do you think I will be able to be approved for the BOA card and if not should I also attempt a recon as well? 

My other CCs are as follows 

Cap 1 - $500 CL (150 balance)

Chase - $300 (PIF)

Zales $512 (PIF)

Banana Rep - $3550 ($1700 balance)

Macys $600 ($400 balance)

Amex Zync - (PIF monthly)

Thanks for everyones help in advance. If anyone has any pointers for me on how to improve my score in a short amount of time I am all ears as well! I started 3 months in the 670's for both TU and EQ so I know I am improving and working hard at paying off my CCs.

Starting Score: EQ 696 TU 709
Current Score: EQ 746 TU 742 as of 5/12 Ex. 732 as of 6/1/12 (Off EX. website)
Goal Score: 760 by 12/31/12

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
scientifics

Re: BOA/Citi questions

Your Util is pretty high...if you don't pay all your PIF cards down to $0 before the statement cuts you might be pushing 50% Util. It's going to be hard to get any prime card with that high Util%, but it can never hurt to recon!

Established Contributor
UFGuy2006

Re: BOA/Citi questions

Skins2311 wrote:

Hey guys I am new to the forum and would like some help. I recently applied for the CITI Dividend World Mastercard and the BOA Cash Rewards CC. With CITI I was declined but have yet to receive my letter stating the reason. I should get it this week and when I see the reason I will post on here to gather info to see if I should try a recon. I just applied today for the BOA Cash rewards card and I was not instantly approved so I need to call BOA monday to get my answer. I currently have a FICO score of 696 on EQ. and 709 on TU. EQ is showing 3 Inquiries and TU only 1 in the past year. I guess I would like to know if based on the information I gave do you think I will be able to be approved for the BOA card and if not should I also attempt a recon as well? 

My other CCs are as follows 

Cap 1 - $500 CL (150 balance)

Chase - $300 (PIF)

Zales $512 (PIF)

Banana Rep - $3550 ($1700 balance)

Macys $600 ($400 balance)

Amex Zync - (PIF monthly)

Thanks for everyones help in advance. If anyone has any pointers for me on how to improve my score in a short amount of time I am all ears as well! I started 3 months in the 670's for both TU and EQ so I know I am improving and working hard at paying off my CCs.

Usually when people get that message they aren't immediately declined. I recommend calling - you may be pleasantly surprised!

FICO: EX: 743 (10/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 721 (9/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 3 | Citi X 7 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | Macys X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 36 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}