Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Conversion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Conversion

I just chatted with a BOA rep online and they are converting my card to worldpoints. They told me it takes 4 to 6 weeks to do this though! Is that normal? Seems like a really long time to just convert a card.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: BOA Conversion

They flat out offered me a World Points card last night when I called and complained I don't use my Plat Plus Visa a lot because it doesn't have rewards.

Does the world points card have the MyConcierge service?
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Towser44 wrote:
I just chatted with a BOA rep online and they are converting my card to worldpoints. They told me it takes 4 to 6 weeks to do this though! Is that normal? Seems like a really long time to just convert a card.

It generally takes about 4 weeks for most BoA card conversions.  I converted to WorldPoints 2 years ago, and it took about a month. 
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

FretlessMayhem wrote:
They flat out offered me a World Points card last night when I called and complained I don't use my Plat Plus Visa a lot because it doesn't have rewards.

WorldPoints does have the MyConcierge service.  You can view the details at--

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Towser44 wrote:

I was told that my change from Rewards Amex to Accelerated Rewards Amex would also take4-6 weeks.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

Same as me. Instant switch. Card took about a week to get to me though. It was a recon call about my CL. Told them I would just keep using my amex and the switched it in a hurry with the giant CLI.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

Same as me. Instant switch. Card took about a week to get to me though. It was a recon call about my CL. Told them I would just keep using my amex and the switched it in a hurry with the giant CLI.

Did your new card have the same account number?  I was told that my card would have to get a brand new number to do the product change I wanted, which could be the difference.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

Did your new card have the same account number? I was told that my card would have to get a brand new number to do the product change I wanted, which could be the difference.

Yes, new account number but with the new number and limit the reported it to the CB's within a couple days accurately (ahead of it's normal monthly reporting time). I was worried that it would show the old and the new accounts, or not convert the history. Everything was right on the money, I was impressed. I wouldn't worry about the switch.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Earlier this month I was able to upgrade my card to Worldpoints. Last night I called to check up on the status. I was told the conversion was completed on 4/12 and I should receive the card in 14 days, which is this week. I'll wait until Friday then call BOA to check again.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got my new Worldpoints Visa Gold card today (CL $800), after 6 weeks of the initial product conversion request.
Called to activate and request a CLi and was declined. Asked for recon and was again declined.
I asked the CSR why and he told me that they have to monitor how I manage my recently acquired "high CL" cards (Discover $4300, Amex $2000 & Juniper $2500).
He also said BOA appreciates that I want to use their card as my main card but can't give me a CLi.
I asked how I can better my chances at CLi, told me to PIF every month and to call back after 6-12 months to request CLi.

Been with them since 2002 - my oldest CL and limit is $800.
How come I never get love from BOA...
Boo... BOA.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.