New Contributor
Towser44

BOA Conversion

I just chatted with a BOA rep online and they are converting my card to worldpoints. They told me it takes 4 to 6 weeks to do this though! Is that normal? Seems like a really long time to just convert a card.
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: BOA Conversion

They flat out offered me a World Points card last night when I called and complained I don't use my Plat Plus Visa a lot because it doesn't have rewards.

Does the world points card have the MyConcierge service?
Here we go again...
Moderator Emeritus
psychic

Towser44 wrote:
I just chatted with a BOA rep online and they are converting my card to worldpoints. They told me it takes 4 to 6 weeks to do this though! Is that normal? Seems like a really long time to just convert a card.

It generally takes about 4 weeks for most BoA card conversions.  I converted to WorldPoints 2 years ago, and it took about a month. 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Moderator Emeritus
psychic

FretlessMayhem wrote:
They flat out offered me a World Points card last night when I called and complained I don't use my Plat Plus Visa a lot because it doesn't have rewards.

WorldPoints does have the MyConcierge service.  You can view the details at--

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Towser44 wrote:

I was told that my change from Rewards Amex to Accelerated Rewards Amex would also take4-6 weeks.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Frequent Contributor
RGordon

FretlessMayhem wrote:

Same as me. Instant switch. Card took about a week to get to me though. It was a recon call about my CL. Told them I would just keep using my amex and the switched it in a hurry with the giant CLI.
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

RGordon wrote:

FretlessMayhem wrote:

Same as me. Instant switch. Card took about a week to get to me though. It was a recon call about my CL. Told them I would just keep using my amex and the switched it in a hurry with the giant CLI.

Did your new card have the same account number?  I was told that my card would have to get a brand new number to do the product change I wanted, which could be the difference.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Frequent Contributor
RGordon

cheddar wrote:

RGordon wrote:

FretlessMayhem wrote:

Did your new card have the same account number? I was told that my card would have to get a brand new number to do the product change I wanted, which could be the difference.

Yes, new account number but with the new number and limit the reported it to the CB's within a couple days accurately (ahead of it's normal monthly reporting time). I was worried that it would show the old and the new accounts, or not convert the history. Everything was right on the money, I was impressed. I wouldn't worry about the switch.
Frequent Contributor
Solarjuju

Earlier this month I was able to upgrade my card to Worldpoints. Last night I called to check up on the status. I was told the conversion was completed on 4/12 and I should receive the card in 14 days, which is this week. I'll wait until Friday then call BOA to check again.
Frequent Contributor
Solarjuju

So I got my new Worldpoints Visa Gold card today (CL $800), after 6 weeks of the initial product conversion request.
Called to activate and request a CLi and was declined. Asked for recon and was again declined.
I asked the CSR why and he told me that they have to monitor how I manage my recently acquired "high CL" cards (Discover $4300, Amex $2000 & Juniper $2500).
He also said BOA appreciates that I want to use their card as my main card but can't give me a CLi.
I asked how I can better my chances at CLi, told me to PIF every month and to call back after 6-12 months to request CLi.

Been with them since 2002 - my oldest CL and limit is $800.
How come I never get love from BOA...
Boo... BOA.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+