Regular Contributor
dpride86

BOA Credit Card question

Hi,

I have been looking into applying for a bank of america credit card and wanted to know if they are hard to get? What credit score is needed to be considered?

-Current Score: TU 714 EQ 701 and EX 690 11-14-14
-My Goal: 720+ on all 3
-My wallet:
NFCU Cash Rewards 14k, DCU Visa Platinum 7.5k, Penfed Promise 6.5k, Amex BCE 6k, Fidelity Amex 5K, Capital one QS 5K, Chase freedom 4k, Citi 3.8K, Amazon Chase 3.5k, Express 1.36k
Valued Contributor
thom02099

Re: BOA Credit Card question

dpride86 wrote:

Hi,

I have been looking into applying for a bank of america credit card and wanted to know if they are hard to get? What credit score is needed to be considered?

Check www.whogavemecredit.com for some comparisons. 

You can also Google "credit pulls database" for the site of which we may not speak and do the same thing.  They have a comprehensive comparison database. 

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 799 EQ = 812 TU = 811 - 11/2014
Blogger
HiLine

Do you have a banking relationship with them? 

Established Contributor
BrokaToe

[ Edited ]

dpride86 wrote:

Hi,

I think you have a decent chance for approval with those scores. It's all going to come down to how much revolving history you have and util %.

They pulled EX for me and I was countered the partially secured 99/500 cash rewards card (which has sense unsecured). But at that time I didn't have any revolving history. So if you have at least a year of revolving history and low util then I would say your chances are good. I would suggest a clean report as well, no baddies, but YMMV

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Established Contributor
lithium78

I got a BoA Cash Rewards 1% card which they PCed to a 123 Cash Rewards card after six months.  When I applied, I had a EX of 650 with about twenty old baddies, but I also had a banking relationship with them that went back a few years with over $20,000 in my BoA savings account so that may have influenced their decision.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}