Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Credit Limit Increase Button

tag
swoops0823
Established Member

Re: BOA Credit Limit Increase Button

I have the Human Rights Campaign Visa Platinum Plus - Cash Rewards card. It's essentially the cash rewards but with HRC branding. I get the 3%, 2%, 1% for gas, groceries and all other purchases

Deployed Army Lieutenant
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: June 2014: EQ - 597, TU - 590, EX - 598
January 2015: EX - 655 (Citi Card) TU - 699 (Walmart) 657 (Cap One)
June 2017 EX - 710 TU 720 EQ - 719
--------------------------------------------
Military Star 5660 Walmart 1500 Cap1 Secured 750 Citi Prestige 3200 Citi Forward 6960 NFCU nRewards 18000 Cap 1 Venture 10000 Cap1 QS One 2000 BOA 5500 NavCheck 15000 Penfed 7000 Penfed PLOC 10000 Chase MWR 500 USAA MC 2800 AMEX BCE 3900 Discover it 3500 AMEX PRG AMEX Platinum
Message 31 of 34
swoops0823
Established Member

That's a good jump! Yeah I had never thought the increase credit limit option would do a SP but once I clicked it, it said no credit pull was required. So I just went for it. It doesn't ask how much you want, just gives you whatever you're preapproved for.

Might have something to do with the fact that they keep sending me promotional offers for 0% BT or extended payments

Deployed Army Lieutenant
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: June 2014: EQ - 597, TU - 590, EX - 598
January 2015: EX - 655 (Citi Card) TU - 699 (Walmart) 657 (Cap One)
June 2017 EX - 710 TU 720 EQ - 719
--------------------------------------------
Military Star 5660 Walmart 1500 Cap1 Secured 750 Citi Prestige 3200 Citi Forward 6960 NFCU nRewards 18000 Cap 1 Venture 10000 Cap1 QS One 2000 BOA 5500 NavCheck 15000 Penfed 7000 Penfed PLOC 10000 Chase MWR 500 USAA MC 2800 AMEX BCE 3900 Discover it 3500 AMEX PRG AMEX Platinum
Message 32 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I was very happy with my first Bt experience with Boa, very easy and quick, and pleasant to work with the friendly csr. Now on to paying down that puppy and hopefully another good cliSmiley Happy
Message 33 of 34
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@wmweeza wrote:

@zerofire wrote:

BoA has recently redesigned their website this year and completely removed the button. The only way to have the credit limit changed now is by calling in. Since your account is only 3 months you should wait at least another 3 or even better wait 9. Most accounts become eligible for CLI's at 1 year because they age nicely by then with BoA. BoA is a buisness bank and they are much more by the book at first with small limits but over time the sky will be the limit.

This is demostrably false. I don't recall ever seeing a "Button" anyway, it has always been a plain text link and as others have pointed out, it's there...clear as day...as long as it's available to you. My guess is it hasn't shown up on your account so you just assumed that a website redesign did away with the button?

I looked at the site and I have no link at all and no obvious place for it. I looked at the code and there seams to be dynamic generation of what we see so that would explain why. I actually went over where the CLI link was with a CSR but I guess they were lacking in knowlage. I used to have the link before the 2016 redesign and after that it went and disapeared even though I had a rather high credit score. I recently applied for a BBR and it came with a credit limit that was higher than my Cash Rewards which threw me for a loop on why I don't have the button too..

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.