Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Credit Limit Increase Button

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

BOA Credit Limit Increase Button

Hey guys,

I wanted to know how long I have to wait to be able to get a CLI on my Cash Rewards card. I got the card 3 months ago and am about to have my third statement cut. How long was it until you guys were able to get a CLI or how long until that fabled button popped up? Is it even necessary to wait for the button or can you just call. My limit is far too low and I keep hitting the ceiling. Thanks!

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BOA Credit Limit Increase Button

Hey CH!!

Igot the button to appear after only my 3rd month with my BBR. Hit the button and got a $2700 increase, hp though TU. Recently made it to my 6th month and button is back. Just did a BT so going to wait til december to see if my bk falls off before tryin again. Best of luck if you get the buttonSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 34
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Hey! Thanks for the info. Did you request more than $2700? Or only $2700? What was your SL?
Message 3 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Originally approved for $1500 i think i asked for 10,000, could have been 5 but i think i was shooting for SaturnSmiley Wink they countered with 4200. I was happy. They didnt have to as its my first time with them and i have a bk7 still on report.This is also why im curious to see if it falls off and i bt'd and gonna make $300-$500 payments on that if that will help me get my first 10k card. Its a little fun to wait and see i guessSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 34
Gmood1
Super Contributor

It was six months before I noticed the increase button the first time. It seems to appear sooner and sooner as time goes on for me. 2nd time around it appeared 5 months after first CLI. The last time it was 90 days after second CLI.

Message 5 of 34
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Hey guys,

I wanted to know how long I have to wait to be able to get a CLI on my Cash Rewards card. I got the card 3 months ago and am about to have my third statement cut. How long was it until you guys were able to get a CLI or how long until that fabled button popped up? Is it even necessary to wait for the button or can you just call. My limit is far too low and I keep hitting the ceiling. Thanks!

BoA has recently redesigned their website this year and completely removed the button. The only way to have the credit limit changed now is by calling in. Since your account is only 3 months you should wait at least another 3 or even better wait 9. Most accounts become eligible for CLI's at 1 year because they age nicely by then with BoA. BoA is a buisness bank and they are much more by the book at first with small limits but over time the sky will be the limit.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 6 of 34
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Hey guys,

BoA has recently redesigned their website this year and completely removed the button. The only way to have the credit limit changed now is by calling in. Since your account is only 3 months you should wait at least another 3 or even better wait 9. Most accounts become eligible for CLI's at 1 year because they age nicely by then with BoA. BoA is a buisness bank and they are much more by the book at first with small limits but over time the sky will be the limit.

Screenshot_20161022-233850.png

Message 7 of 34
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Hey guys,

Wow, that's interesting. I wonder if anyone can second that. I'm pretty sure people are still getting the button.I could be wrong. I would say usually I would wait and it wouldn't even be a big deal but this card is so low compared to my other cards if they won't raise it soon I will do like you say and just sit on it and use my other cards for a year or so and try it. It's really not usable for me right now at this limit. I've been putting a lot through it just to get a CLI but it becomes a pain in the butt having to make midcycle payments and the whole bit.

Message 8 of 34
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@zerofire wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Hey guys,

Thanks, Gmood. I had no idea that existed. So I can just go to that tab to request one even if the button doesn't show?

Message 9 of 34
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@zerofire wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Hey guys,

Thanks, Gmood. I had no idea that existed. So I can just go to that tab to request one even if the button doesn't show?

Normally it will only show up in that area if you are eligible. It also shows up on the main page. At least it did for me the last time. Limit was $5000 in December 2015. Now it's $24,200. The increases ranged from. $5000 to $7000 at a time.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.