Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Credit Limit Increase Button

tag
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Credit Limit Increase Button

@zerofire wrote:

BoA has recently redesigned their website this year and completely removed the button. The only way to have the credit limit changed now is by calling in.

Eh? It's still there (not a button, but a small text link)... and if you hit it, it pops right back up 90 days later:

Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 12.03.59 AM.png

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not true. You can still request a CLI via your online banking session.  I looked at my account today and the option to make the request wa still there.

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the button... right now. Should I hit it? Is it a hard pull for sure?

Capture.PNG

Message 13 of 34
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the button... right now. Should I hit it? Is it a hard pull for sure?

Capture.PNG

Yes it is a HP. Request what you desire(AKA shoot for the stars). It will counter offer. It has given me one each time I've tried. Good luck

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool. I shot for the moon and asked for $20,000. I got $12,600..... that's a $3100 increase. Hopefully the decrease in my utilization outweighs the effect of the HP.

Message 15 of 34
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool. I shot for the moon and asked for $20,000. I got $12,600..... that's a $3100 increase. Hopefully the decrease in my utilization outweighs the effect of the HP.

Congrats!! I've taken 3 HP's this year for BoFa. TU still hoovers around 770. The HPs don't hold as much weight as some would lead you to believe.

Enjoy the extra padding.Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few minutes ago I got an alert on my phone from CK saying that my score was updated. I lost a whole 2 points for tonight's HP. No big deal.

Message 17 of 34
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yeah I'd take those CK scores with a pound of salt. Lol
The Vantage scoring has me at 810 on all three CBs. Not even close to my Fico scores.You may not lose a point at all with Fico scores. Sometimes mine actually go up a little.. weird. If l do drop a couple, they return in a couple of months.
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. I know. LOL

On Monday I was going to do another CCT 1 dollar trial and see.

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Hey guys,

I wanted to know how long I have to wait to be able to get a CLI on my Cash Rewards card. I got the card 3 months ago and am about to have my third statement cut. How long was it until you guys were able to get a CLI or how long until that fabled button popped up? Is it even necessary to wait for the button or can you just call. My limit is far too low and I keep hitting the ceiling. Thanks!

I hit the button early in my relationship with BoA. I was told by a Credit Analyst to wait 6 months for best offer. Good luck!

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.