Did you mean: 

BOA Credit cards

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Credit cards

@HiLine wrote:

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

I just got a B of A Visa Sig Hawaii Air card.  It just reported to my CR, I was unaware that no CL was reported.

When I start using the card will it report my high balance as CL ?  I will not let it report a statement balance, but if I come close to maxing it out in one cycle and pay before statement cut will that show my high CL ?

I read a lot about these things but I definitely don't know it all.

Thanks

Bank of America will not report your credit limit. Some scoring models such as all FICO models estimate the credit limit as the reported high balance. Others, such as Vanguard, assume the credit limit to be 0.

The high balance is updated daily. As long as you allow one day for the balance to be recorded, it will be reported as the high balance. You don't have to carry the balance past the statement closing date.

Sorry, not true.  In checking both annualcreditreport.com as well as checking the dispute function at Experian to see all the pulls and more detailed info, BofA shows a credit limit on both of my BofA cards.   It's truly a YMMV thing. 

Message 11 of 16
YahComb
Established Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

I just got a B of A Visa Sig Hawaii Air card.  It just reported to my CR, I was unaware that no CL was reported.

When I start using the card will it report my high balance as CL ?  I will not let it report a statement balance, but if I come close to maxing it out in one cycle and pay before statement cut will that show my high CL ?

Thanks

Bank of America will not report your credit limit. Some scoring models such as all FICO models estimate the credit limit as the reported high balance. Others, such as Vanguard, assume the credit limit to be 0.

The high balance is updated daily. As long as you allow one day for the balance to be recorded, it will be reported as the high balance. You don't have to carry the balance past the statement closing date.

Sorry, not true.  In checking both annualcreditreport.com as well as checking the dispute function at Experian to see all the pulls and more detailed info, BofA shows a credit limit on both of my BofA cards.   It's truly a YMMV thing. 

nice that you slipped through the cracks, but it's a known that for now the policy is to not report the credit limit for BOA visa signatures, and asking them to report it for you does not help unless you PC to platinum plus or world mastercard(which makes no sense-world mastercard is a flexible spending account too). Technically it may be a YMMV, but people should not got their hopes up-it's not like its a 50/50 chance here.

well i guess being it reports or ir doesn't...tehcnically 50/50. But the majority won't get it reported on a visa signature, and BOA is not going to report it if they ask. And it won't matter if its from a brand new account or upgraded from a platinum plus.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 12 of 16
rushx2112
New Contributor

Can the 123 Cash Rewards Visa Signature card be converted to a World Mastercard?

Message 13 of 16
scottykhan
Contributor

I have BOA Platinum Privileges and Merrill+ both visa signature and they both report CL to Credit Bureaus
Message 14 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@thom02099 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

Thanks

True for Bay_Area_Joe is what I meant Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 16
thom02099
Valued Contributor

I think when it comes to Signature Visa cards, there's really no definitive answer to this!  Smiley Surprised

As Scottykhan also noted, 2 accounts report credit limits.  I've seen other posts from other folks here and at other forums that they do report/that they don't report a credit limit.  In addition to the 2 BofA cards, I also have the CSP and JP Morgan Select, they are also signature Visa cards, and report exactly the same as my BofA cards.  Guess I could try another lender and see what they do with it! Smiley Wink  But, since I'm in the Garden for now, not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent! 

In the grand scheme of things creditwise, I don't think it really makes that much difference whether it does or does not report a credit limit.  There are other factors that carry more weight. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.