Established Member
TheGrouper

BOA Credit cards

Was unaware the rewards card doesn't report the credit limit, already have a $5k BOA visa card. Is there any way to switch to a card that reports the credit limit? 

Established Contributor
CribDuchess

Re: BOA Credit cards

TheGrouper wrote:

Was unaware the rewards card doesn't report the credit limit, already have a $5k BOA visa card. Is there any way to switch to a card that reports the credit limit? 

I've read here that the BOA World Mastercard version does report the credit limit.  You might call them and see if you can switch from Visa to Mastercard.

FICOs: TU08 808 1/3/14 per Wally; TU98 780 1/1/14; EQ 764 1/1/14; EX 808 1/1/14 per MyFICO

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex Costco TE $5K; Amex BCE $12K; BofA Visa $10.1K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom MC $7.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $13.4K; Discover IT $20K; Sallie Mae WMC $12.5K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $20K; Walmart Discover $10K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Established Contributor
scenery_guy

I just looked at my Experian report and confirmed that my Virgin Atlantic card does report a limit. Are you talking about the cash back cards or the co-branded cards? 

Valued Contributor
thom02099

TheGrouper wrote:

IIRC from previous posts, if you PC FROM a regular Visa to a Signature Visa, it will still report a CL, since it started out as the lesser card.  One would have to apply specifically for a Signature card in order for that feature to apply.

That said, this is still a YMMV thing.  I have both a BofA Cash Rewards Signature and a Merrill Lynch Plus Signature (another BofA card), and they both DO report a credit limit, a high balance and "flexible spending card" notation. 

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K / Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $7.5K / Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 765 EQ = 743 TU = 825 Mar/2014
Valued Contributor
lg8302ch

If you ask for a platinum plus instead of the signature visa the CL will be reported also above 5k. Kept 1 of mine as platinum plus. BofA is quite flexible and always tries to meet customers needs.
FICO® EQ 764 (as of today) - TU 778 (04/01) * Fako EX 816 (04/03 - CS) last app 11/09/13 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 5, EX: 6, EQ: 6
Established Member
TheGrouper

[ Edited ]

Good to know, appreciate all the replies!! Looking into cards now. 

I have both 5k limits on a student platinum plus visa (was my first cc) and a cash rewards signature visa. I'm 26, I am assuming the student platinum will change to regular plus soon. 

** Still getting used to these forums, got to figure out how to multi quote ** 

Regular Contributor
Bay_Area_Joe

I just got a B of A Visa Sig Hawaii Air card.  It just reported to my CR, I was unaware that no CL was reported.

When I start using the card will it report my high balance as CL ?  I will not let it report a statement balance, but if I come close to maxing it out in one cycle and pay before statement cut will that show my high CL ?

I read a lot about these things but I definitely don't know it all.

Thanks

$ 197,650 IN TOTAL CREDIT LINES.
MyFICO EQ 777 on 9/3/13 , MyFICO TU 787 on 9/3/13, MyFico EX Score 771 on 8/27/13
Pen Fed Visa 19k, Pen Fed LOC 20k, Citi Hilton Honors 15k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 19.9k, Citi MC Diamond Preferred 12.2k, Chase Marriott PR Sig Visa 12k, Chase Priority 5k, Sams Discover 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 2k, BofA Hawaii 5k
Discover More 16.25k, Chase Southwest Visa 3.5k, Wells Fargo LOC 10k,
B of A Visa 20k, Wells Plat Visa 6.7k RC Willey 5k Discover IT 4k AMEX TE 2k
Blogger
HiLine

Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

I just got a B of A Visa Sig Hawaii Air card.  It just reported to my CR, I was unaware that no CL was reported.

When I start using the card will it report my high balance as CL ?  I will not let it report a statement balance, but if I come close to maxing it out in one cycle and pay before statement cut will that show my high CL ?

I read a lot about these things but I definitely don't know it all.

Thanks

Bank of America will not report your credit limit. Some scoring models such as all FICO models estimate the credit limit as the reported high balance. Others, such as Vanguard, assume the credit limit to be 0.

The high balance is updated daily. As long as you allow one day for the balance to be recorded, it will be reported as the high balance. You don't have to carry the balance past the statement closing date.

Regular Contributor
thebostonredsox

I just got the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Signature card and it is reporting my credit line to Experian and Transunion, as a Flexible Spending account. However, it is not reporting the credit line to Equifax.
New Contributor
Bones

So if your BofA siggy card reports no limit and you put a very high balance on it in relation to the actual CL of the card, that is a negative if you let the high balance report?  Or does the reported CL that reports $0 changed to whatever the HB was and then HB and CL are the same and you've maxed your card out and FICO sinks due to high util? Will the CL always stay $0 and just the HB report, is that bad? Thanks

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+